West Coast Fieros Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Technical Topics Forum » Build Threads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Clynt’s choptop/widebody

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 14>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Quote 85SEnochie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2008 at 8:51am
Is the grill on the hood in the last pic going on soon?

Edited by 85SEnochie
Car-2-Lo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Car-2-Lo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2008 at 5:40pm
Originally posted by Roadfury Roadfury wrote:

i spy a red widebody in progress?

I don't think he's doing that ( ? )
That's Clynt's red daily driver (4.5 caddy) 10" rear wheels, he had to use plastic flares to cover the rear wheels.
Nigel did the same to his wide track ride.

Edited by Car-2-Lo
Johnny-B-Good

Car-2-Lo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Car-2-Lo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2008 at 9:22pm
Originally posted by 85SEnochie 85SEnochie wrote:

Is the grill on the hood in the last pic going on soon?

The grills are just a mock up for now, Clynt plans to do that. What do you think?

This rear pic is a couple months old, thought I would show it anyway for 85SEnochie.

Edited by Car-2-Lo
Johnny-B-Good

85SEnochie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote 85SEnochie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2008 at 9:20am

I like I like!.......The mock up for the grills looks both elegant and mean color will be black right or gun metal black would be sweeter.

85SEnochie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote 85SEnochie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2008 at 9:25am

EDIT sorry for the lame comment It looks really good on my car too. Thank you.

Edited by 85SEnochie
Roadfury View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Roadfury Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2008 at 7:30am

Originally posted by Car-2-Lo Car-2-Lo wrote:

Originally posted by Roadfury Roadfury wrote:

i spy a red widebody in progress?

I don't think he's doing that ( ? )
That's Clynt's red daily driver (4.5 caddy) 10" rear wheels, he had to use plastic flares to cover the rear wheels.
Nigel did the same to his wide track ride.

ohh gotchya

edit: are there plans for an engine swap for the panda?

Edited by Roadfury
Capt Fiero View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2008 at 7:59pm
Ya know after seeing the nose on the car in person I do have to say I really love the look.
Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Eight Fifty Seven GT V8 5spd.
Car-2-Lo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Car-2-Lo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2008 at 9:23pm
Originally posted by Capt Fiero Capt Fiero wrote:

Ya know after seeing the nose on the car in person I do have to say I really love the look.

Hey Capt. I saw your great pics of Clynt's chopper from last club meeting, post for the U.S. gang to see?
(I don't have any good ones)
Johnny-B-Good

Car-2-Lo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Car-2-Lo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2008 at 3:52pm

This afternoon I went to visit "our man Clynt" and look what's he's playing with...
a TURBO, he's installing the turbo to his V8 Caddy, WOW !!!!!

Johnny-B-Good

kawana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote kawana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2008 at 5:47pm
wow, thats one cluttered engine bay lol :P Looks like it will be a fun ride :D
Car-2-Lo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Car-2-Lo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2008 at 9:47am
Originally posted by kawana kawana wrote:

wow, thats one cluttered engine bay lol :P Looks like it will be a fun ride :D

Yeah, very cluttered now, he had to relocate and make room for the turbo and now even a larger
turbo as you can see left side of pics, this is for Clynt's red bubble top.
Latest news for the panda chopper, Clynt is installing a 4.9 Caddy 4 speed automatic !!!!!

Romeo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Romeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2008 at 12:07am

Originally posted by Borteep Borteep wrote:

I betcha some of those shark-fin things along the top of the rear window would up your top speed or highway fuel mileage a wee bit :D

Personally I can't give up on the amazingly excellent rear vision a wingless Fiero has. Then again, I don't run into any traction issues with the stock V6 either.

But if you have more power... a Fiero GT (with the headlights down) has a better CD than the Veyron, so I figure it can spare a bit for the sake of downforce. You'll still need a very big engine to hit 400 km/h, though.

Stabilizers don't increase top speed, per se, but they stabilize at high speeds, allowing one to run safely at a higher speed than without. Much like rear-diffusers do.

This car goes beyond amazing. And does anyone happen to know how he protected the subs and enclosures from being damaged, as they're partially in the engine bay. And now I feel like my subwoofer enclosures arn't so original... Sigh...

Never shift into reverse without a back-up plan.
Car-2-Lo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Car-2-Lo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2008 at 1:29pm

No lottery win here, Clynt also nickeled and dimed it...choptop, wide body and V8!!!!!
He only paid $500 '91 Caddy (for the whole car) !

V8 Caddy on cradle now, this is going into the chopper.
It may look messy NOW, but all wires are labeled and Clynt is making harness.
Clynt does super CLEAN INSTALLS.

Added note: okay, I saw wires tagged with #s

Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2008 at 1:41pm

Next time you see Clynt, give him a poke and ask him if he has forgotten to swap anything.  In those pics, he has not moved the valve cover yet.   Just jokingly ask him how he will put oil in the car with the oil cap being on the firewall side rather than the trunk side.

Really glad to see another 4.9 hitting the streets.  Now if I could just get enough time to put mine back on the road.  Oh how I miss the sound and torque of that car.  Then I have to decide if I am going to install the fastback clip on it.

Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Car-2-Lo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Car-2-Lo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2008 at 2:06pm

That's to funny, let's not say anything to Clynt !
Johnny-B-Good

Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2008 at 2:30pm

Just jokingly ask him how he will put oil in the car with the oil cap being on the firewall side rather than the trunk side.

Are my eyes deceiving me, or is there an oil cap on the other valve cover as well?

Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2008 at 3:18pm
Ya know what Patrick, you might be right on that, so he has either swapped it from the time the first and 2nd pic were taken, or he installed 2 Valve covers both with oil fill caps. 
Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Car-2-Lo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Car-2-Lo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2008 at 3:32pm

Ya know what Patrick, you might be right on that, so he has either
swapped it from the time the first and 2nd pic were taken, or he installed 2 Valve covers
both with oil fill caps. 

Hey Capt, I guess the jokes on us ! Pics where taking at same time.
Johnny-B-Good

clynt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote clynt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2008 at 6:40pm
hi guys;
  just a quick comment .two front covers yes .picked it up when i got the exhaust manifolds (wanted cross over instead of cross under).
i need the room under the hinge where the cutout is for the ps pump
just fits better. and the wiring no its not all labled still a lot to figure out.
no rush on this project though ,body still need lots of time/money.
 time i got!!
will also need a 4 cyl throttle cable anybody got spare???
Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2008 at 6:47pm
        Very cool Clynt, have you decided which car is going to get the Turbo?  I know the 4.5 will rev better due to the shorter stroke, but I think you will see more gain on the 4.9 as it has to struggle more to get enough air in, plus the extra 30 ci, should be a notable gain when boosted.   Have you done the Mustang Injector upgrade yet.  Its on my to do list here. 
Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 14>
  Share Topic