West Coast Fieros Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Technical Topics Forum » Build Threads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Clynt’s choptop/widebody

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 14>
Author
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Car-2-Lo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2008 at 6:05pm

Update: Today I dropped off parts (from Marcel) to Clynt's shop and shot some pics...

Front fascia roughed in and Clynt is still tweaking it.

Mr. Mike's seats

Subs behind seats and it sounds great (better than Car-2-Lo's)

Johnny-B-Good

Capt Fiero View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2008 at 6:12pm
Oh my God, that nose is dead sexy. Anyone else think it looks Ferrari'esk. I want a step by step on how he did that. Those seats are really nice too. Are they Mr. Mikes?
Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Eight Fifty Seven GT V8 5spd.
Dr.Fiero View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dr.Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2008 at 6:51pm
Originally posted by Capt Fiero Capt Fiero wrote:

Those seats are really nice too. Are they Mr. Mikes?

Guessing from where he said:
Mr. Mike's seats

Yes...  yes they are....   ;)

exoticse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote exoticse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2008 at 9:14pm

Awesome stuff !

Keep those updates coming !

Edited by exoticse
Silentassassin1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Silentassassin1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 April 2008 at 4:53pm
Very sweet looking car. I was curious to what brand the wheels are.  Sort of look like BBS RS wheels but the center caps say otherwise. Thanks!
Roadfury View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Roadfury Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2008 at 8:46pm

I Really like these headlights... Where can I get some??? Or what parts are needed to make them??? Are they bright enough??

Borteep View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Borteep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2008 at 2:57pm
Those are definitely bright enough! Depending on whether they're the HID units or not, they're either the brightest or second brightest lights (with the best pattern either way) that you can get on a Fiero. All you need is the four lights, plug adapters and a new headlight bucket. There's a dude in (I think) Germany that makes them. You can find his thread on Fiero.nl.

http://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/035039.html

Edited by Borteep
Car-2-Lo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Car-2-Lo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2008 at 4:35pm
Originally posted by Silentassassin1 Silentassassin1 wrote:

Very sweet looking car. I was curious to what brand the wheels
are.  Sort of look like BBS RS wheels but the center caps say otherwise. Thanks!

Those are my old "CSI WHEELS" back in '88 we wanted stock looking mags (with mesh).
Front 16"X7" rear 16X8" ( +35 offset)

Clynt has brought new life to them rear 16"X10"

Their not around anymore, I think Smurf (WCF club member) works for a wheel company
should know who manufactured the CSI WHEELS ?

That was a bit of history, any new info on these wheels, let us know.

Edited by Car-2-Lo
Johnny-B-Good

clynt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote clynt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2008 at 7:29pm
well there;check out fieroking as its his idea,but i only used lites and wiring non of the abs parts .mounted lites in flat plexie and trimmed housing to fit stock bucket.total cost was the price of the lites,,as far as brightness there fine for me,i wanted the look more than the effect!!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/93-97-MAZDA-RX7-RX-7-DUAL-HAL O-
HEADLIGHTS-LAMP-94-95-96_W0QQitemZ380016174913QQcmdZViewItem

as for the wheels,i think they are bbs but branded under another name. now that they have been widened the offset is different but the back space is the same.
clynt
Car-2-Lo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Car-2-Lo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2008 at 11:14pm

We shot some pics of Clynt's ( bubble top) lights at tonights meeting.

Johnny-B-Good

exoticse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote exoticse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 April 2008 at 10:01pm

new progress on the nose ??

Edited by exoticse
exoticse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote exoticse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2008 at 8:48pm

Bump ??

Edited by exoticse
exoticse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote exoticse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2008 at 7:00am

Knock, knock,...any updates ??

Edited by exoticse
Car-2-Lo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Car-2-Lo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2008 at 5:35pm

Clynt's Panda Chopper...
Okay, just joking, it won't stay this way!

So finally went to visit Clynt's shop, he is still having fun tweaking here and there...

The wing went back on (he has two deck lids, one with wing and one without, so he can switch over anytime).
I like it better without or trim wing ends a bit (but, that's my taste only) What do you guys think?

Next, he's going to do something with the rear bumper and tweak it.

Johnny-B-Good

Capt Fiero View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2008 at 6:12pm
The nose is amazing.  I am sorry that when Clynt stopped by Lisa and I were racing out the door so we did not have time to chat.   Clynt if you are reading this, I am totally jealous, it looks awesome.  P.S. I tried to call you the morning after we saw you in Surrey, and it turns out I no longer have your number.   Drop me a line on my cell 604-807-2623 and let me know how things went.
Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Eight Fifty Seven GT V8 5spd.
exoticse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote exoticse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2008 at 9:40pm

Great job on the nose !

I agree with you Car-2-lo, IMO the wing tips are DEFINATLY toooo long and need some trimming, but otherwise the car looks great !

P.S. i might also lower the wing an inch or two.  :)

Edited by exoticse
85SEnochie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote 85SEnochie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2008 at 10:22am
I really like choptop notchies and this one is   two thums up      five star and if I only had half your talent.  I will keep up with this and keep them coming please.

Edited by 85SEnochie
Car-2-Lo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Car-2-Lo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2008 at 5:11pm
Originally posted by exoticse exoticse wrote:

Great job on the nose !I agree with you Car-2-lo, IMO the wing tips are DEFINATLY toooo long and
need some trimming, but otherwise the car looks great !P.S. i might also lower the wing an inch or
two.  :)

This much off ?

Okay, we are just joking, Clynt likes it as is, (it does look very cool and mean).

Johnny-B-Good

Car-2-Lo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Car-2-Lo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2008 at 5:21pm

This afternoon's pics...

Madcurl's show Coke can

Johnny-B-Good

Roadfury View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Roadfury Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2008 at 7:33am
i spy a red widebody in progress?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 14>
  Share Topic