West Coast Fieros Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Technical Topics Forum » Technical Questions and Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Wiring diagram for interior lighting

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Quote DonnyP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wiring diagram for interior lighting
    Posted: 03 May 2011 at 9:03am
Seems to be a dead short on interior lighting system. Dome light goes on ,stays on after door is shut, Bad ground? Now fuse blows right away. I really need a good wiring diagram?
beken View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote beken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2011 at 10:38am
Try spraying just a bit of WD-40 on the door switch. The spring contact gets a bit dirty and may be stuck. Especially after 25 years.   I've cleaned mine out a few times.   

Beken (aka Ken) - bekentech@westcoastfieros.com   Original and still the owner of an 85SE 2M6 4spd
Dr.Fiero View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dr.Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2011 at 9:03pm
Yeah, it's big - wanted to keep it clear.

beken View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote beken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2011 at 9:46pm
I just installed a new scanner/printer on my Mac. Sorry this took so long.....

Beken (aka Ken) - bekentech@westcoastfieros.com   Original and still the owner of an 85SE 2M6 4spd
Romeo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Romeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2011 at 11:14pm

It actually blows the fuse, or just sparks? Big difference. Anyways, if it's only the two lamps, I'd suggest looking at Connector 209, as well as any of the wiring and switches that follow on the left side of the above image (Short to ground). If all four lights are on, you know it's a short of C209 or any of the wiring and switches on the right side of the above image. Also, disconnecting Connector 201 can help you isolate the issue.

Never shift into reverse without a back-up plan.
DonnyP View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote DonnyP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2011 at 10:03am
Thanks for the tips, I'll try again. I've gone through about 25 fuses, they blow completely. I've ordered the shop manual, hope to get it this week.
Romeo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Romeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2011 at 12:39pm
Best of luck.
Never shift into reverse without a back-up plan.
kharmata View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote kharmata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2011 at 7:54pm
Any Luck yet Donny?  I still have no idea what it could be...
Kevin
08GSXR1000
D_sensitized View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Executive Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote D_sensitized Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2011 at 8:03pm
It could be the door switch itself shorting out. If you leave the door open so the switch is disengaged, will it still blow the fuse? I don't know how easy that is too remove and test, maybe find the wires leading to it and unplug it to test?

Have you messed around your center console lately? The cig lighter is on the same fuse and that has caused problems for me in the past.

Hope this helps
-Harrison
88GT 3800 SC1 F23 5-speed
Chilliwack
Dr.Fiero View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dr.Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2011 at 8:51pm
Won't be the door switch. If that goes to ground-the lights would come
on, and not go out, that's it.

Look for a penny (etc) in the lighter socket! Common problem.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic