Print Page | Close Window

Any interest in a 3" stretch Fiero Frame?

Printed From: West Coast Fieros
Category: Buy / Sell
Forum Name: Complete Cars
Forum Description: A Place to sell or buy your Fiero. Please use FS: (for sale) WTD: (wanted) in the title of each post
URL: http://www.westcoastfieros.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=3258
Printed Date: 25 April 2024 at 4:16pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Any interest in a 3" stretch Fiero Frame?
Posted By: Linlor
Subject: Any interest in a 3" stretch Fiero Frame?
Date Posted: 05 July 2013 at 9:30am
I have sold off most of the projects I had and now I have a 3" stretched frame left over.  I have been working with 85senochie on Pennock's to see what I can do to get a set of Fiero body panels on the car to get it running but everything I want to do requires fiberglassing.  I went out to the garage last night to try to finish off the Countach fender flares for a buddy down in Arizona and came out with very irritated skin so I really need to get out of the glassing part of the hobby.....

What I have:
  • 85 Fiero frame
    • Cut down at the front end so part of the wrap around bumper mount has been removed at the headlight areas
    • I think I can get a new front wrap around from a guy on the island and weld it back on as per oem
    • Fully reinforced with a sub frame that goes from the front suspension cross member to the engine cradle
    • 3" stretch behind the firewall
    • Roof cut off for convertible
  • Custom front suspension
    • I built this with 2" wider control arms each side
    • Fiero hubs
    • Monroe Coil over shocks
  • Custom rear suspension
    • Custom tubular control arms that widen the rear suspension 4" each side
    • Coil over shocks
    • Shock tower mounts moved outward to retain Fiero suspension geometry
    • I also have an '88 cradle with rebuilt control arms
      • I got the cradle off John (Dr. Fiero) and bought the control arms off a Pennock's member
  • Drivetrain
    • Custom widened drive shafts set up for manual transmission
      • Will handle 400 hp so no issues for the 3.4
  • Custom 11.25" Upgraded Brakes
    • Can't remember what donors are from but 11.25" brakes all around (GrandPrix??)
    • I built custom spacers for the front brakes so I could use front brake rotors vs. the rear rotor on most upgrades
    • I also set up the rear calipers so that the e-brake is still connected and you can bleed the brakes without pulling everything apart
    • Bigger master cylinder
  • Custom 355 interior
    • The interior is set up for the extended screen
    • Custom defrosters pushed out to proper location
    • Upper and lower dash pieces
    • Amida centre console
    • 355 style inner door handles
  • All parts were replaced with new wherever possible
  • So much more but I can't remember everything.....
  • I am sure I have upwards of around $8-$10k in this thing.....

I have no idea what to ask for this since I won't get anywhere close to what I have in it but I also don't want to part it out or give it away....

What do you guys think I could get for something like this or even if anyone would be interested in the full package??

Thanks
Don

-------------
Ferrari 308 Replica
Prova 5000s Countach Replica

Replies:
Posted By: Car-2-Lo
Date Posted: 06 July 2013 at 9:05am
Don, I can't believe you're selling off your fleet of cars , if I had the cash I would buy the whole package, but I'm poor

Do you still have the 308's

-------------
Johnny-B-Good

Date Posted: 09 July 2013 at 2:47pm
Hey John;

I still have my 308.  It has been sitting under wraps while I finish off a couple last fiberglassing commitments I have.  Then glassing is done by tomorrow night actually, and then I am away for 3 weeks starting this weekend.  When I get back, the 308 is coming out from under sheets and will be finished off.

I actually, don't have any projects left except for the 308.  The 355 and the Countach are both gone.  All I have now is this frame I need to decide what to do with....

Your car is looking incredible.

-------------
Ferrari 308 Replica

Date Posted: 10 October 2013 at 9:36am

I will let the frame and everything go without the extended screen and engine/trans combo.  I am using the engine and trans in my 308 now that I sold off my 3.8 S/C.  The custom axles are set up for a manual transmission 4 or 5 spd will work.  Centre console in pictures below is also already gone.

I planned on doing a stretch Fiero convertible out of it with GT panels but I ended up getting another project instead.

I have way more than $1500 into this thing just in parts for the custom control arms and suspension alone. 

At this price someone can buy this thing as a parts car and update your own Fiero for less than getting all the new parts on their own.

Anyone interested, give me a call at 778 678-8043 or reply to this thread.

-------------
Ferrari 308 Replica

Posted By: Carcollector
Date Posted: 28 March 2016 at 11:20pm
Hi, do you still have this?

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.01 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net