West Coast Fieros Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Buy / Sell » Complete Cars
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1988 Fiero Formula

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Quote Austin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1988 Fiero Formula
    Posted: 04 June 2017 at 5:48pm
Hey all, sorry I haven't been around the scene lately.  Life's been crazy busy and I probably won't get restoring this.  Myself/family with 2 kids now, we are all doing great, but some serious life matters have come up so it's time to let it go.

'88 Formula, almost bone stock.  It's been sitting nearly 3 years cuz the throw-out bearing seized up.

- Perfect interior, original seats mint, no tears
- dash almost perfect
- all body panels perfect except paint/clear coat started to fade within the 2 years from sitting :(
- engine rebuilt
- new within 2000km: alternator, starter, ignition system, waterpump, cat, etc

I picked this up in Maple Ridge where it had sat for 8 years.  The previous owner used it as a daily driver to & from BCIT, had the engine completely rebuilt and soon after had electrical issues and parked it.  It has ~190k KM's last I remember.

Upon towing it back, I replaced the starter, cleaned the ignition and smacked the seized fuel pump and it fired up, smoothest running 2.8 I've EVER seen.  I used it as a daily driver until the throw-out bearing seized up.

Hoping this can goto a club member who will take care of it as it's a great original example that just needs some tlc.  I have a stockpile of parts that will go with the car as well.

Alternately if someone here would like to restore it for me, we can discuss that as well.  (is the Doc in?)

Open to offers, call or txt me directly   604   802   7323

1986 Fiero GT 3.4L V6 DIS, 5 spd, Full Polyurethane Suspension, Rear Coil-overs
Austin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Austin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2017 at 5:53pm

More pics to come:

It's the red car behind this SE
Dr.Fiero View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dr.Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2017 at 4:16pm
Originally posted by Austin Austin wrote:

Alternately if someone here would like to restore it for me, we can discuss that as well.  (is the Doc in?)

The Doc is no longer in - the lower mainland that is.  ;)

Think you could inch it the 1500km's to here?  Hahaha....

Edit: and as much as I'd like to grab it, it'd cost me ~$800 to get it here
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic