West Coast Fieros Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » General Fiero Chat » Members Rides
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Not far away

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Quote hypo327 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Not far away
    Posted: 08 February 2016 at 3:47am
Some of you may know me from the Arlington picnic or the NWFF in Richland.  My name is Michael James, I own a 1986 custom red GT, with which I won 1st in custom class at the NWFF in 2011. 

I live just across the border at 2159 Pangborn Rd. Lynden.  Visitors are welcome, just give me a call first... 360-739-7464.  My car is not usable right now, because of the piston slap in my 3.4 swap I did a couple of years ago, has started hitting the head.  The cost of a rebuild is just about the same as a 3800sc swap.  So, I picked up a 3800sc II out of a 2003 Bonnevill SSEI, with all the goodies, from a mechanic who bought it new and took perfect care of the car, using exclusively Mobile-1, and always keeping the engine and SC oil changed when necessary.

I'm in the process of purchasing all the swap parts I will need plus rebuilding the wiring harness to plug and play and reprogramming the PCU.  I've been wanting to attend one of your meetings and join the club to participate in your activities, but since the piston in my 3.4 started hitting the head, I've been unable to drive her for fear of breaking something.

Hope to get to one of your meetings just as soon as I get my swap done...!  If anyone knows of a good electrician who rebuilds the wiring harnesses to my Fiero specs, please let me know.  I can only go as fast as I can afford the parts I need, which are going to add up to about $1800 before I'm done.

FYI:  Go to my face book profile, under Michael Mick James, and you can view allot of Fiero pictures of my car, plus some favorites of of other Fieros in my picture albums along with some walk-around videos of my 3.4 swap.

Hypo327
beken View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote beken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2016 at 9:46am
Welcome to the Westcoast Fieros of BC forum, Michael.  

There will be a meeting this Saturday evening at the A&W in Cloverdale BC.  We've been playing around with alternate locations for a meeting the last few months and also, since the summer, where were various show n shines on Thursday nights around Surrey, we have been having meeting on Thursdays.  But the meetings have been somewhat poorly attended.  

I feel guilty about it because, I have I have other activities outside of the car scene to attend most of the meetings myself.  Ouch    

Hope you can join us this Saturday or when we put a meet up together.   Maybe we can put a drive out to the Abbotsford/Sumas/Lynden area as a meetup soon.   

Cheers. 

Beken (aka Ken) - bekentech@westcoastfieros.com   Original and still the owner of an 85SE 2M6 4spd
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic