Forum Home Forum Home » Buy / Sell » Vendor Area
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Great Radiator and Heater Core Supplier

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Great Radiator and Heater Core Supplier
    Posted: 04 November 2011 at 11:08am

Cool it Truck Parts Langley / Port Kells BC.  Ask for Jim or Arlene. 

The short version of a long story I needed a heater core for Shirley's Fiero. (My Mother)  I looked all over hell and back.  Dealer is No longer available, everyone was either No Stock in Canada or could get it but at ridicules pricing.  Then I got a recommendation from Richardson Rad to call these guys and here is what I have to say about them.

They had to bring it in, but they got it. The kickers are, they had it shipped from Kentucky, didn't charge me any freight, cost was 40% of what everyone else wanted to charge me. Total out the door with taxes was 44 bucks. Performance/Lordco/Can Tire/Napa/Alder Auto/Richardson Rad, all were 89-129 bucks. On top of the great price, they were really nice, knew what they were talking about and had the part at the counter waiting for me when I showed up. They saw the Fiero Jacket and had the part in there hand before I even made it to the front desk.

So I highly recommend them for not only your Fiero needs but any car or truck in your home fleet.  I figure with our fleet of 80 Fiero's in the lower mainland we can keep these guys busy. 
Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Eight Fifty Seven GT V8 5spd.
Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 November 2011 at 6:05pm

But can they do wheel alignments?

Thanks for the report.

Romeo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Romeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2011 at 3:47am

I don't suppose there's any chance they can order in one of those four-core Fiero rads, can they? Always wanted wanted one, just for kicks.

If not, my Dodge could use a new rad. The pathetic brass unit has seen better days.

Never shift into reverse without a back-up plan.
Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2011 at 1:00pm

Originally posted by Romeo Romeo wrote:

I don't suppose there's any chance they can order in one of those four-core Fiero rads, can they? Always wanted wanted one, just for kicks.

Three-core not good enough?

Capt Fiero View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2011 at 9:48pm

For the record a Brass Copper Rad will cool better than a same size aluminum rad.

Alum rads with 1 single large core is better than a aluminum rad with multi cores.   MOST aluminum rads even if they say 2-3-4 row are still just a single wide row.  They only call them multi row as people don't understand the diffrence.   

That all aluminum rad for 199 is a heck of a good deal and with the USD prices the way they are, I might just order one for myself.  Even though I do have a really nice Brass Copper Rad here.

Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Eight Fifty Seven GT V8 5spd.
Romeo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Romeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2011 at 11:59pm
Originally posted by Patrick Patrick wrote:

Originally posted by Romeo Romeo wrote:

Three-core not good enough?

Not as ridiculous. I crave the asanine. Four core. Want.
Originally posted by Capt Fiero Capt Fiero wrote:

For the record a Brass Copper Rad will cool better than a same size aluminum rad.

Alum rads with 1 single large core is better than a aluminum rad with multi cores.   MOST aluminum rads even if they say 2-3-4 row are still just a single wide row.  They only call them multi row as people don't understand the diffrence.   

That all aluminum rad for 199 is a heck of a good deal and with the USD prices the way they are, I might just order one for myself.  Even though I do have a really nice Brass Copper Rad here.

That has alot to do with the side material more than the core material. Racing vehicles still going with aluminum rads, but the sides are also aluminum, allowing them to outcool even brass rads. Besides, aluminum is lighter, and in a pickup, weight off the front is what I need. Actually, Flex-A-Lite has (Maybe had, been a while) a good write-up on Brass vs Aluminum, specifically where aluminum units tend to fall on their face. =)
Never shift into reverse without a back-up plan.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic