West Coast Fieros Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Events Section » Announcements
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The Front Page

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Romeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Front Page
    Posted: 08 October 2011 at 9:52pm

Howdy club, a very good idea was brought up tonight, suggesting we alter the front page to have the upcoming events, as opposed to the current write-ups method. I have suggested two different methods of doing so.

One would be a straight up list. If it we had an event on September 1st, 14th and 30th, the front page would look like:

September 1st - First Run

September 14th - Meeting

September 30th - Second Run

The second style still contains the list of the former type, simply with a brief line about the next upcoming event (With a touch more info). Say the date was September 5th, the second style would look like this:

Next event is September 14th. It's the Fiero club meeting, located at the usual Ricky's, starting at 6:00pm.

September 1st - First Run

September 14th - Meeting

September 30th - Second Run

Please make your vote up top, or if you have an alternative idea or any suggestions on how to improve the idea, feel free to post.

Never shift into reverse without a back-up plan.
Colby View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote Colby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2011 at 11:18pm
I like this idea, but it seems like there would still be plenty of room for the most current wrap-up there, or at least the first couple paragraphs of it.
88 Formula 5 speed

Rob N. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Rob N. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2011 at 12:10am
I like the second style, the meeting wrap up could alway be in the forum.
D_sensitized View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Executive Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote D_sensitized Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2011 at 9:19am
I think it would be nice to have the next event up top with some info
and a link to the main thread. Followed by a list of the next 3 or so
events and dates. And after that have the most recent write up from
our last event/meeting.
-Harrison
88GT 3800 SC1 F23 5-speed
Chilliwack
Romeo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Romeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2011 at 12:14am
That's another good idea. Would keep things uncluttered, but still informative.
Graeme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Graeme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2011 at 9:35am
Let me know what I can do to help then when you have it figured out exactly what you want to do. Keeping in mind that you can format a post in that particular thread to show up on the home page. 
Romeo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Romeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2011 at 3:09pm

I think to make things easiest for you, that's precisely what I'll do whenever a consensus is obtained. I'll just go through and edit the existing thread, stealing Damien's schedule from the other thread. Then I can update as needed.

I figured I'd let the poll run the full month though, just in case anyone missed it. Then we can discuss what will happen at the meet.

Capt Fiero View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2011 at 1:22am
My Vote says a link to Next event, plus a (Look Here) link to see what was talked about at the last meetings. 
Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Eight Fifty Seven GT V8 5spd.
Romeo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Romeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2011 at 11:26am
Wow, we totally forgot to talk about this last meeting. Subject for December meeting: This.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic