West Coast Fieros Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » General Fiero Chat » Members Rides
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Gold 86 GT

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Quote Medic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gold 86 GT
    Posted: 03 May 2011 at 1:43pm
Not sure if anyone had seen an ad that popped up last night but, it was for an 85 GT but the pic looked like an 86GT.... Anyway, I contacted the guy right away and went out first thing this am to have a look and was very pleasantly surprised. It was an 86 GT completely stock right down to the radio. Gold on Tan interior with really nice original paint and interior. All paperwork/maintenance records from new and only 2 owners. First owner for 20+ years.

I have found it very hard to find an unmolested Fiero in bone stock condition and this was such a good deal I had to jump on it.

So I now have another to add to the collection.
Too bad it is an auto.
88 GT Northstar 6 Spd
beken View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote beken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2011 at 3:04pm
Congratulations.
Good to see another well maintained Fiero get a good home in good hands.

Pictures?

Beken (aka Ken) - bekentech@westcoastfieros.com   Original and still the owner of an 85SE 2M6 4spd
Medic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Medic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2011 at 1:38pm

88 GT Northstar 6 Spd
Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2011 at 2:38pm

Nice car, great shots. Any way you could post them below one another.

Capt Fiero View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2011 at 3:47pm

Fixed

That is a really nice car.  Congrats on the good buy.

Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Eight Fifty Seven GT V8 5spd.
Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2011 at 4:06pm

Originally posted by Capt Fiero Capt Fiero wrote:

Fixed

Thanks Dave, that makes the images a whole lot easier to view (and the posts a whole lot easier to read)! 

Nexus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Nexus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2011 at 5:33pm
Very nice!!
Charlie
84 SE
Bassman View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God
Sir Brian

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bassman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2011 at 8:33pm
OMG that's clean...nice score, that's a collector, get that up to speed OEM and get plates bud:)...so jelous
Brian (Bassman)

86 GT Fastback 3.2L

2013 Mazda3 Sport GS SkyActive

[IMG]http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u243/Bassman68/BassmanSignature.png">
Bassman View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God
Sir Brian

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bassman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2011 at 8:35pm
Originally posted by Patrick Patrick wrote:

Originally posted by Capt Fiero Capt Fiero wrote:

Fixed

Thanks Dave, that makes the images a whole lot easier to view (and the posts a whole lot easier to read)! 

Stop being so Old

Brian (Bassman)

86 GT Fastback 3.2L

Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2011 at 8:50pm

Originally posted by Bassman Bassman wrote:

Stop being so Old

I believe the proper term would be practical.

Bassman View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God
Sir Brian

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bassman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2011 at 8:54pm
lol...my eyes are getting bad also...
Brian (Bassman)

86 GT Fastback 3.2L

Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2011 at 9:33pm

Originally posted by Bassman Bassman wrote:

lol...my eyes are getting bad also...

Well Magoo, it had nothing to do with my eyes. When all the images were side by side, I had to scroll from side to side about two feet to see all the images and/or to read the text (which was also forced to extend out two feet beyond the edge of my monitor).

I can see everything on my 21" 4x3 monitor just fine, it's the stuff way off to the side that I have trouble with.

Medic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Medic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2011 at 9:19am
Thanks for fixing that!

Had my first problem with the car last night.
The distributer cap came loose, moved around, and the rotor chewed the inside of the cap up. The car sputtered a few times and died. It now will not start.
Not sure if it jumped a tooth or what is up. Distributer is a bit rusty inside so may need a bit of work(sitting too long). The car was hard to start before and would only start with ether but ran great once running.

88 GT Northstar 6 Spd
Dr.Fiero View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dr.Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2011 at 5:06pm
You can pick up a complete reman distro assy from Lordco for not too much ($250?). 
It has a much better reluctor setup than the factory tin shark fin thing. Gets you a new module, bearings, bla bla bla.

Dropped one in Jim McH's car a while back, and it fixed a few things all at once.

Medic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Medic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2011 at 7:16pm
Ya, I think they quoted me $220. I opted for a new pickup coil as mine was exposed and ratty, The distributer was in pretty good shape play wise so I just cleaned it up.
I think my issue is the coil, I have no spark but I get a tach reading when cranking over so the primary side is ok, plus I have tried 2 icm's with no improvement.
......New pickup coil, new icm, new wires........what is left?

88 GT Northstar 6 Spd
Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2011 at 9:19pm

Originally posted by Medic Medic wrote:

......New pickup coil, new icm, new wires........what is left?

Ignition module.

Medic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Medic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2011 at 10:42pm
Tried 2 ICM's.

88 GT Northstar 6 Spd
Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2011 at 11:55pm

Originally posted by Medic Medic wrote:

Tried 2 ICM's.

Oh sorry, I was getting my abbreviations confused. I was thinking you meant ECU.

Medic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Medic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2011 at 11:21am
Fixed! It was the coil.

88 GT Northstar 6 Spd
kharmata View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote kharmata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2011 at 8:07pm

Originally posted by Dr.Fiero Dr.Fiero wrote:

You can pick up a complete reman distro assy from Lordco for not too much ($250?). 
It has a much better reluctor setup than the factory tin shark fin thing. Gets you a new module, bearings, bla bla bla.

I put one of these in mine when the original rusted out and bearing started to fail.  Worked wonders for performance.

Kevin
08GSXR1000
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic