West Coast Fieros Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Off Topic » Got something you want to talk about.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Once you go ORP, Mission does not compare

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Senior Post God
Senior Post God
Sir Brian

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bassman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Once you go ORP, Mission does not compare
    Posted: 07 September 2010 at 8:04pm

This is what I am preparing for next season...Roadtrip

http://www.oregonraceway.com/index.php

Brian (Bassman)

86 GT Fastback 3.2L

2013 Mazda3 Sport GS SkyActive

[IMG]http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u243/Bassman68/BassmanSignature.png">
Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2010 at 8:11pm

Sweet!

Capt Fiero View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2010 at 8:35pm
I may be going to pick up a tent trailer in 1/2 hour, could come in handy. 
Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Eight Fifty Seven GT V8 5spd.
Bassman View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God
Sir Brian

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bassman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2010 at 8:38pm

I just confirmed renting a SUV and car trailer:

SUV @ $75 day / to ORP one way is 620km @ $0.68 per km = $496.60 per day ++++

Trailer @ $55 day

So other than accomodation, track fees, and much more...$1500 weekend trip...need to work an alternate

Brian (Bassman)

86 GT Fastback 3.2L

Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2010 at 8:47pm

How much are the track fee's per car through the club.  Is this on top of their own club dues that you have to pay?  

Because I already have the Truck/Trailer so its no extra cost, my big cash outlay will be the track fee's. 

Purchase of a real helmet, fuel for the trip, food, Lisa and I usually budget $100 per day for food/fuel when we are on the road, $125 if we are in the Blazer.   Being as it is so close to my Dad's house, we may stay at his place the night before the race and the night after the race.  However with a 2 day event we would camp there for the night or get a Hotel depending on weather conditions.

Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Bassman View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God
Sir Brian

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bassman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2010 at 9:08pm

Well you are all good then

This October event is invite only, but the price range is $200-400 a day from what I have seen so far...this weekend other than the rentals above:

$200 (US bucks) per day track fee

$100 (US bucks) per night including breakfast, dinner and all the beer you can drink

Expected costs:

$400 for two track days

$300 for three nights (Fri, Sat, Sun)

plus trailer, SUV rental

...or just drive your car down and run on street tires.  I did that the first time at ORP.  You'll be spending plenty of time learning the track so you won't be driving much at the limit to require R-comps.

(you could save $100 by driving home on Sun night - I've done that too. 

Long drive though - 6.5 hours from ORP to Blaine).

Brian (Bassman)

86 GT Fastback 3.2L

Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2010 at 9:40pm
Here is a map page that S&T Spat out,

If I detour over to my Dads place total trip going to 6hrs 50min if I drove straight through it can be done in little over 5hrs that includes time from the boarder to Surrey, so I would bet Blaine to ORP could be done in 4.5hrs.   

Ya know its funny my Dad is a car and motorcycle nut and has never heard about this place.   Maybe because his bikes are big American cruisers and his cars are Volkswagen Bugs/Buses with a few Pickups mixed in.  

OMG this is driving me nuts.  Why can't my V8 be ready NOW and why can't I have at least a few thousand in the bank that I could just blow on a trip............       &n bsp; Oh the wait for this in the Spring is going to be my driving force to get this car PERFECT and Ready to Race. 

I think every Fiero Nut should right now, get a special savings account or change jar and start throwing in a few bucks from each pay cheque into it and not touch it. 

Could you imagine the fun of racing side by side with your fellow Fiero buddies jockeying for position, hoping that you catch that next gear and can duck on the inside and get around.  Being able to wave as you go past, or beat on your steering wheel as he/she goes by.  Imaging the tire's squealing as you are in a 4 wheel drift trying to hold a line at 180kph, engine screaming, the smell of burnt rubber, the odor of sweet track bite in the air.  Your heart racing with anticipation of the next corner, diving in hard as the suspension creaks with mercy in the middle of the apex just to hit the next corner in the opposite direction, tires howling gripping for everything they can.......... and you............   doing all this............  FOR FUN.
Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2010 at 10:13pm

Originally posted by Capt Fiero Capt Fiero wrote:

Imaging the tire's squealing as you are in a 4 wheel drift trying to hold a line at 180kph, engine screaming, the smell of burnt rubber, the odor of sweet track bite in the air.  Your heart racing with anticipation of the next corner, diving in hard as the suspension creaks with mercy in the middle of the apex just to hit the next corner in the opposite direction, tires howling gripping for everything they can.......... and you............   doing all this............  FOR FUN.

Be honest with us Dave. You were getting a little aroused while you were posting that, weren't you?

Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2010 at 10:28pm

Aroused, yes a little, but mostly reminiscent.  For some of us, this was a normal Friday night on the backroads between Fort Langley and Abby. Chasing each other.  Just watch the 6th gear video again, and realize that there were 100's of cars, with an average 6 different locations that we drove to in order to stay ahead of the cops, can you picture 100 street racers driving together in a group on a dark back roads.  There was very little taken of that, due to the fact that most were holding on and others were looking for the next great spot to pass.  Its one of the reasons that club runs excite me so much. 

Ok now I think I am going to find my wife.  Time to get expend some energy and  relax.

Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2010 at 11:12pm

Ok now I think I am going to find my wife.  Time to get expend some energy and  relax.

Go get 'er, Tiger!

Bassman View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God
Sir Brian

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bassman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2010 at 8:47am
Originally posted by Patrick Patrick wrote:

Imaging the tire's squealing as you are in a 4 wheel drift trying to hold a line at 180kph, engine screaming, the smell of burnt rubber, the odor of sweet track bite in the air.  Your heart racing with anticipation of the next corner, diving in hard as the suspension creaks with mercy in the middle of the apex just to hit the next corner in the opposite direction, tires howling gripping for everything they can.......... and you............   doing all this............  FOR FUN.

Be honest with us Dave. You were getting a little aroused while you were posting that, weren't you?

Hate to bring some reality to this...this is a track day, open yes, but controlled passing which means at the specific locations you as the lead (slower) driver have to have your left arm out the window and allow the faster driver to pass.

If you want to do the above David, then you level up and enter a "Race"...need I remind everyone, you have no insurance, so if you can afford the medical and vehical costs for all parties then great, otherwise it's fun, controlled and respectful driving

Brian (Bassman)

86 GT Fastback 3.2L

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic