West Coast Fieros Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » General Fiero Chat » Fiero Spotting
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Saw you dave

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Quote kawana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Saw you dave
    Posted: 20 August 2009 at 6:01pm
Im pretty sure it was you anyways. Yellow fiero, going westbound on the highway at 4:00pm today. You were in the H.O.V lane, and passed a Lordco truck, filled to the brim (me).  What do you have done to your engine/exhaust? It didn't sound like a stock 2.8, but it did sound nice.
Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2009 at 9:28pm

Originally posted by kawana kawana wrote:

You were in the H.O.V lane...

How many people in the car?

Graeme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Graeme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2009 at 9:40pm
I saw Dave today too, I was going west he was going east over the Port Mann.

I drove in the HOV lane today :) Two people but sometimes I drive in it with just me! Big hug Brian
Fiero Zen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fiero Zen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2009 at 10:29pm

I saw dave as well around 3:55 pm in the HOV lane, also saw Graeme, and a Lordco trunk filled to the brim. I think I also saw Brian and Kerstin, possible Patrick, no............I think it was Romeo come to think of it - it was that driving style. I was in a Big White Bunny Outfit standing on the overpass at CapeHorn interchange, passing out free condoms for anyone travelling to Peachland or Summerland for a long weekend that may also contain the potential for some form of mental foreplay, with the distinct possabilitiy of multiple.................ahhhhh shucks lost my train of thought!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Yesterday is History
Tomorrow is a Mystery
But Today is a Gift
That is why it is called the Present
Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2009 at 1:03am

I was going west across the Port Mann Bridge today around 3 pm. Mathew and I had been looking at a GT for sale out Langley way.

Funny, I never even thought about using the HOV lane today as I'm so used to driving by myself on the freeway.

Bassman View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God
Sir Brian

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bassman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2009 at 7:48am
Wasn't us, cars parked with slicks on for this Sunday's last race...lol, I was enjoying Nigel's birthday drinking on his behalf relaxing at home...lol

Hugs Graeme:)
Brian (Bassman)

86 GT Fastback 3.2L

2013 Mazda3 Sport GS SkyActive

[IMG]http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u243/Bassman68/BassmanSignature.png">
Capt Fiero View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2009 at 12:58pm

I can't believe this thread went on this long without me noticing.  I guess the yellow stands out a fair bit.

I do make the run from my place in Fraser Heights to Willingdon and Canada way, twice a day everyday, once at 6:45am and again at 3pm.   Kinda hate the fact that I am putting 2000kms a month on the 88 just in that trip, plus another 1000 just running around. 

My normal routine is take the carpool lane until I get to Brunette, then keep an eye open for Traffic coming onto the Freeway, if I time it right, I can get from the carpool lane to the far right merg lane, drop a couple gears, pass a few dozen cars, then get back over to the carpool lane.  

Well I'll keep my eyes open for ya all and try to give a wave.

Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Eight Fifty Seven GT V8 5spd.
Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2009 at 1:05pm

Oh the Exhaust.   Not a whole lot.  Pretty much stock.  The only mods that are done, I pulled the heads off, put on a slightly decked, ported and cleaned up heads, exhaust manifolds were ported, and welded.  There "might" be a cam installed, but I honestly don't know.  All I know is that it one of the best 2.8's I have ever driven, really good on gas, enough snap to go as fast as I need. (not as fast as I want, but.......)

Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Romeo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Romeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2009 at 3:08pm
Originally posted by Fiero Zen Fiero Zen wrote:

I saw dave as well around 3:55 pm in the HOV lane, also saw Graeme, and a Lordco trunk filled to the brim. I think I also saw Brian and Kerstin, possible Patrick, no............I think it was Romeo come to think of it - it was that driving style. I was in a Big White Bunny Outfit standing on the overpass at CapeHorn interchange, passing out free condoms for anyone travelling to Peachland or Summerland for a long weekend that may also contain the potential for some form of mental foreplay, with the distinct possabilitiy of multiple.................ahhhhh shucks lost my train of thought!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Driving style meaning red-lining in 3rd? lol

I don't know where the CapeHorn exchange is though, so I can't really comment one way or the other.

Never shift into reverse without a back-up plan.
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2009 at 9:54pm
wow, funny! i saw dave in the yellow fiero when i was coming home from work, just up the street from his house! ya get around huh!
Fiero Zen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fiero Zen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2009 at 10:04pm

OK...........I vote with make some bumper stickers up saying;

"I saw dave" open to other statements - any ideas, but only around this topic/thread.

Yesterday is History
Tomorrow is a Mystery
But Today is a Gift
That is why it is called the Present
Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2009 at 12:34am

kawana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote kawana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2009 at 9:52am
haha
Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2009 at 4:20pm

I can't remember how to post video, so heres a link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cJOevhjS20

Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic