Forum Home Forum Home » Events Section » Announcements
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Configuration, Larger Pages

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Forum Configuration, Larger Pages
    Posted: 29 November 2008 at 6:36am

You may notice that some of the larger threads are less pages now.  I did not delete any of the pages, I simply made the default max posts per page larger. You can now view 75 posts per page.  I did this so you don't have to click through as many pages to view a topic. Most if not all forum members are on at the least 1.5 megabit ADSL or 10 megabit cable internet.   I have also expanded the private message to 250 PM's   I may be doing some more "tweaking" next week and will update this thread if I do. 

Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Eight Fifty Seven GT V8 5spd.
Graeme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Graeme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2008 at 11:37am
As the server admin and a heavy user of other forums I have found that 75 posts per page is far too much. Especially when you have 3 or 4 pics per post, it turns into a huge load in the browser and can take absolutely forever to scroll through. My vote is about 40 per page at the most.

As for PMs, 250 seems a lot when everybody has their own email. If everybody had 200 PMs, I wonder the load on the server.

I'm curious as to other peoples thoughts on this.
Dr.Fiero View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dr.Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2008 at 2:32pm
if I ever have 10 PM's stashed - I'm probably doing something wrong!

I have no problem with the page length though - only time it might get annoying is if I load the page from my iPhone - but even then...

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic