Forum Home Forum Home » Events Section » Announcements
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Email List Changes

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Email List Changes
    Posted: 18 September 2008 at 7:35pm

Over the next 24-72hrs the club email list. mailinglist@westcoastfieros.com and chat@westcoastfieros.com will be moving to a new server.  You will receive an email confirmation to accept subscription on the new server.  All you have to do is click the link and it should say "confirmation accepted" 

The reason for this change is, for some odd reason,  our current mail server keeps getting bounces from some domains.    

After the lists have moved I will be posting up instructions regarding the new email server and the offer for all dues paying members to get their own @westcoastfieros.com email accounts.   It will be a POP3 account which can be used on any email client as well as having a web mail interface.   

Edited by Capt Fiero
Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Eight Fifty Seven GT V8 5spd.
Dr.Fiero View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dr.Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2008 at 9:32pm
And please note: The POP3 email accounts are totally optional!

They have nothing to do with the mailing list.

After you've done the 'click and confirm' part, you need do nothing else!  You can continue to send & receive your mail just as you were - the mail just happens to go somewhere else, and come from somewhere else (not that you'd ever notice, nor probably care!).

Capt Fiero View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2008 at 4:16pm

Ok everything should be working, if you are not getting emails from the club please go here, http://mail.westcoastfieros.com to make sure you are on the club list and if you have an @westcoastfieros.com email account you can access the webmail functions.   

Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Bassman View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God
Sir Brian

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bassman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2008 at 12:41pm

Hey bud, where do I find what my email address is and password for webmail?.

Thanks

Brian (Bassman)

86 GT Fastback 3.2L

2013 Mazda3 Sport GS SkyActive

[IMG]http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u243/Bassman68/BassmanSignature.png">
Capt Fiero View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2008 at 4:47pm
Email account settings,

Mail Server

Incoming server (IMAP) imap.1and1.com
Or
Incoming server (POP) pop.1and1.com
Outgoing server (SMTP) smtp.1and1.com

Please note: To send e-mail using the SMTP-Server, activate SMTP Authentication. Please do not use the Secure Password Authentication (SPA) option. Optionally, port 587 can also be used in addition to the default port (25)

I don't know on other ISP's however on Shaw, I had to change the outgoing port to 587 in order to send mail correctly.

Edited by Capt Fiero
Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic