Forum Home Forum Home » Events Section » Announcements
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

No More Autocross Maybe...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Senior Post God
Senior Post God
Sir Brian

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bassman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: No More Autocross Maybe...
    Posted: 11 September 2008 at 5:06pm

Very discouraging news...Austin, get in this weekends race at PM as it may be the last...fricken sh*tty!.

From UBC site:

Hello everybody,

I just wanted to post some information with what is happening with respect to the 2008-2009 Slush Series. For those who do not know, currently, the BC Driving Centre is under order from the Pitt Meadows city council to halt autocross events after September 30th until further notice due to political pressure levied by local residents. PCA and VCMC have both had to cancel their October events, and we have so far been unable to book dates for the Slush Series. I am hopeful that there will still be a Slush Series, but it will likely begin later than usual. The Pitt Meadows city election is on November 15th and hopefully after that we should be able to return to regular use of the facility (although this is certainly not guaranteed).

Until then, I will keep you informed as new information comes available.

Make sure you come out to September 27th's Autocross 101 and September 28th's Welcome Back Autocross - they may be the last ones in Vancouver for awhile.

-Mark
BM #67 03 Speads RM02A

Thead to this weekends race and more details on the track:

http://www.vcmc.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=8421

Brian (Bassman)

86 GT Fastback 3.2L

2013 Mazda3 Sport GS SkyActive

[IMG]http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u243/Bassman68/BassmanSignature.png">
Dr.Fiero View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dr.Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2008 at 6:46pm
More moron politicians who want street racing abolished, and all those involved be flogged, fined, and hung out to dry....  yet...  THEY CLOSE DOWN LEGAL PLACES TO DO IT?!?!?!!

Come on you idiots...  pull your heads out of your ASSES, and see how there's a connection.

This is pretty much how the drag races out at Boundary Bay got shut down as well.  I'm still pissed that the ONE time I had a chance to run there, I didn't...  "oh well, I'll go next time".  Wasn't one.  :(

Bassman View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God
Sir Brian

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bassman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2008 at 7:13pm
well, let's hope they win the dispute
Brian (Bassman)

86 GT Fastback 3.2L

2013 Mazda3 Sport GS SkyActive

[IMG]http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u243/Bassman68/BassmanSignature.png">
Capt Fiero View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2008 at 12:15am
I think it is time for another "Town Hall" meeting about street racing like we had in Richmond a few years ago.   Basically the City, several TV stations and a few thousand car guys met up in a gym in Richmond and discussed it openly so the public knew what was going on.  
Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Eight Fifty Seven GT V8 5spd.
Romeo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Romeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2008 at 4:12pm
Yes, I'm often discouraged by Vancouver's (and Canada's in general) lack of options for racing, or at the very least, driving zippy. I certainly attribute the lack of legal options to the drastic increase of street racing these past few years...
Never shift into reverse without a back-up plan.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic