West Coast Fieros Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Off Topic » Got something you want to talk about.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ticket for size of exhaust tip?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Senior Post God
Senior Post God
Sir Brian

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bassman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ticket for size of exhaust tip?
    Posted: 14 July 2008 at 9:14am

Hey all,

This is my buddies car that got a ticket for his exhaust tip...anyone have any info?.

http://www.ubcscc.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=3092&highlig ht=

Brian (Bassman)

86 GT Fastback 3.2L

2013 Mazda3 Sport GS SkyActive

[IMG]http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u243/Bassman68/BassmanSignature.png">
Capt Fiero View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2008 at 1:20pm

I just read over the thread, and sounds like he just had a jerk off on a power trip.  I once got a ticket for a lisc plate frame.  The same style frame that comes on 90% of the dealer cars you buy.  Brian you know the one my "Capt Fiero" chrome frame.  Well apparently, it is illegal.  You can not have "Any Portion" of a lisc plate covered, even if it is just a fraction of an inch on the outside edge.  It does not cover the numbers on the plate in any way, however I think it cost me 80 or 120 bucks.  Another time was $160 for having my front plate in my windshield.     There are just some cops out there that don't like custom cars, period. 

I think technically if read to the letter of the law, every lowered car on the road is illegal due to suspension modification.    If I ever got into politics, I think the first thing I would do is throw out the Motor Vehicle Act rule book and start from scratch.  So many petty laws on the books that are just there for no other reason than to collect cash.

Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Eight Fifty Seven GT V8 5spd.
Bassman View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God
Sir Brian

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bassman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2008 at 2:26pm
lol...so true, but meanwhile does anyone pick on hot rods?...NO!
Brian (Bassman)

86 GT Fastback 3.2L

Capt Fiero View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2008 at 3:11pm

Hence why my 4.9 is going "Rat Rod" rather than Rice Rod   Come to think of it, since I put the V8 in it with the rather loud side exit exhaust, I have not been pulled over once in it.  Hmm maybe I am actually on to something here.  Maybe I should put steel wheels on it and try driving it at 200kph down the center of Langley and see if I get pulled over.   LOL.    That or the cops just feel bad for me having such a rough looking car they take pitty on me.  Again LOL.

Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Eight Fifty Seven GT V8 5spd.
Bassman View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God
Sir Brian

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bassman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2008 at 3:15pm
lol...why try and die with a huge ticket.  But it almost is how it is which is really bad.
Brian (Bassman)

86 GT Fastback 3.2L

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic