West Coast Fieros Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Buy / Sell » Engines / Transmissions and Related Parts
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

WTD suspension upgrades

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Quote marcelvdgn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WTD suspension upgrades
    Posted: 13 May 2008 at 11:22pm

Looking for rear adjustable coil overs, front drop spindles or springs, shocks, new or used, and any advise from our experts. sources??? i know i could spend hours on the net but our group has the ins, right!!

going to go on my 86 se

M

Marcel 86SE V6 Auto
85SE V6 Auto
85 2m4
soon to be sleeper 3.8sc 5 speed
Blair View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Blair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2008 at 6:12am

I've been saving this one for myself. www.heldmotorsports.com has coil over conversion kits for under $300. that use the stock strut.

Here's an overview of the install. the thread can be found on Pennocks.

Dr.Fiero View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dr.Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2008 at 6:24am
What is omitted in the above, is chiseling or grinding the stock lower spring perch off the strut.

This is a somewhat tricky process, as if/when you hit one of the spot welds that hold the perch on too hard....  -PooF-  You just discharged your pressurized strut.  Go ahead...  ask me how I know....  ;)

Blair View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Blair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2008 at 11:43am
I read about that happening but there's a u-tube vid on how to do right the first time.
Capt Fiero View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2008 at 9:15am
    I thought at one time, Lordco sold the sleeve kits. They were pretty cheap if I remember correctly, you got the sleeves, colers and springs for around $200.   However trying to find the "correct" springs for a persons driving style can prove to be difficult.    

Edited by Capt Fiero
Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Eight Fifty Seven GT V8 5spd.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic