My 3800sc swap

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Capt Fiero View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My 3800sc swap
    Posted: 01 March 2009 at 12:19am
I still think that we need to get all the cars together and either take them all the Mission Raceway, or an Auto cross event or a full on road race event.  The road racing would be the most fun, however might be a bit on the MUCH side for some people.  Teching the cars, setting them up, then driving at really fast speeds.
Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Eight Fifty Seven GT V8 5spd.
Car-2-Lo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Car-2-Lo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2008 at 9:31am

You're right Blair, now finally my clutch is broken in, I'm very surprised the 325 wide Michelins actually spin right to the redline in 1st gear
(the 2.8 wouldn't even make a chirp) , so with Blair's tires it would be very scary, but much more fun !

Johnny-B-Good

Car-2-Lo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Car-2-Lo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2008 at 8:32am

Gotcha !

Johnny-B-Good

Blair View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Blair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2008 at 7:04am

Easy fix...325/25/20 Michelins Pilot Sport 2 !
They grip like velcro, no spinning and rockets straight like a slot car, but one new problem is your passenger's neck snaps (just ask Blair)!

[/QUOTE]

I tried the Michelin 325/25/20s on a freinds car and they like to spin too.....

Car-2-Lo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Car-2-Lo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2008 at 9:44pm
Originally posted by Blair Blair wrote:

Well I put 85km on the car yesterday with only one problem. While passing a slow moving truck at 60kmh the tires started
spinning. It made for an awkward sideways pass.

I think I'll hold off on any more power mods for now.

lol, I read this to Kerstin and she said "well how will he fix that?"...lol

Easy fix...325/25/20 Michelins Pilot Sport 2 !
They grip like velcro, no spinning and rockets straight like a slot car, but one new problem is your passenger's neck snaps (just ask Blair)!

Johnny-B-Good

marcelvdgn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote marcelvdgn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2008 at 11:50pm

too cool

ill have to remember this for my swap

Marcel 86SE V6 Auto
85SE V6 Auto
85 2m4
soon to be sleeper 3.8sc 5 speed
Bassman View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God
Sir Brian

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bassman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2008 at 5:46pm
I think they be Sexy:)
Brian (Bassman)

86 GT Fastback 3.2L

2013 Mazda3 Sport GS SkyActive

[IMG]http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u243/Bassman68/BassmanSignature.png">
Blair View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Blair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 July 2008 at 5:40pm

Just finished my new fuel rails for my 3800sc, what do you think?

I made them by cutting down a stock over the blower mono rail and silver soldering new ends on them that fit the airoquip fitting. Then it was just a matter of making the new flex lines. I did the same with the stock fuel regulator and remounted it out of the way.

Blair View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Blair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2008 at 8:24am

I'm working on a 3800 S/C swap right now, and I'm still a little leary on some of the details. If you would be so gracious as to send me a copy of your list, that would be awesome. Then I can compare with what I have, and see if I'm missing anything.
[/QUOTE]

As far as what you need from the car, if it bolts to the engine- save it.(including hardware) You can toss what was not needed when you are done. Make sure that all parts of the engine wiring harness are saved. The ALDL connector that matches the engine should be used when installing the engine into the Fiero.

I'll post more on this latter.

88Fiero_GT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote 88Fiero_GT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2008 at 8:48pm
Originally posted by Blair Blair wrote:

Sounds like fun. When your ready I can give you a list of parts to pickup and what to be sure and save from the GP.
I'm working on a 3800 S/C swap right now, and I'm still a little leary on some of the details. If you would be so gracious as to send me a copy of your list, that would be awesome. Then I can compare with what I have, and see if I'm missing anything.
Car-2-Lo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Car-2-Lo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2008 at 3:51pm
Blair also has taken me on that supercharged thrill ride,
it's way to fast for me, my hair looks like Glen's now, but I did order one just for the sound and looks!
Johnny-B-Good

Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2008 at 10:48am
The 2nd Turbo is Bill Sphone in North Vancouver, which is a 3.2 Turbo.

Don't forget Hugh's 383 Tuned Port Injected motor.
Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Dr.Fiero View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dr.Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2008 at 7:23am
I'm (sort of) one of the 2.8 turbos -- who's the other?????

edit: We also sort of have a 383 stroker, though it's never really seen the road yet (John Everitts car).

Edited by Dr.Fiero
Blair View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Blair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2008 at 6:45am

I'm glad you liked the ride Dave, I look forward to doing the same in your 4.9 With all the modified cars in our club and the cars with planed swaps we really need a place to go have fun in a safe and legal way.

As far as I know the modified car list reads- 2x 2.8 turbo, 2.9HP, 3.1HP, 3.4, 3800tpi, 3800sc, 4.5 cady v8, 4.9 cady v8, 305 sbc, 350 sbc. and even a ECOTEC. + 2 more 3800sc engines planned.

Thats a lot of fun.

Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2008 at 10:54pm
Well I took a ride in Blair's 3800SC 5spd tonight. All I can say is WOW. It's one quick car. I was truley suprised at how quick it was. Way to go Blair.
Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2008 at 11:25am

I really need to sell that monstor of a Turbo and find something more suitable for the 4.9. Boosted V8 would lay some serious smack down. :)

Oh I can't wait to start driving it again. I am not sure if this trans is going to last more than a few hard stomps before it blows up. So you might have to come to my house as soon as it gets on the road and go for a spin in it.    Then bring a tow strap to pull it back home with your 3800SC car. LOL.     Its nice warm and dry today, want to come over and take me for a spin. Maybe meet up at the shop tonight?
Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Blair View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Blair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2008 at 6:06am

Originally posted by Capt Fiero Capt Fiero wrote:

Blair even with my feelings toward 3800SC swaps, I have to admit that looks wicked and sounds even better.

You are going to have to take me for a scream in it. When we setup the track days, you and I are going to have to go at it.

Consider it done.  You can feel the pull of the dark side can you.

Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2008 at 8:12am
Blair even with my feelings toward 3800SC swaps, I have to admit that looks wicked and sounds even better.

You are going to have to take me for a scream in it. When we setup the track days, you and I are going to have to go at it.
Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Bassman View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God
Sir Brian

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bassman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2008 at 8:00am
Ya baby:)...looks great
Brian (Bassman)

86 GT Fastback 3.2L

2013 Mazda3 Sport GS SkyActive

[IMG]http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u243/Bassman68/BassmanSignature.png">
Blair View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Blair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2008 at 5:55am

I got bling for my engine from Ang. She got a set of polished aluminum valve covers for me. What do you think?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic