West Coast Fieros Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Events Section » Performance Driving
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Corvette Club Autocross - Sat, June 14th

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Corvette Club Autocross - Sat, June 14th
    Posted: 01 June 2014 at 3:20pm

BCCC Autocross - Saturday, June 14th 2014

Originally posted by BCCC BCCC wrote:

Upcoming Events

We have just gone live on the new registration system for our autocross events. This is the same system used by most if not all local car clubs and many in the USA. Once you establish an account with Motosportreg.com, you can use it to register for any events that you are qualified to participate. While it has taken a considerable amount of time and effort to put this in place, it will greatly simplify the work for the event organizers. You can register and pay for the event any time up to the closing of registration (usually 48 hours prior to the event). The list of drivers is then just downloaded to our timing system and we are ready to set the run groups for the event. On the morning of the event, drivers will just check-in to get their course map and have the car teched.

To register for the June 14th event please use This link.

Currently the event is setup so that the payments are not being processed until I have a chance to review the registration. That way I can check that the classes and entry fee is correct. The plan will be to process all of the early  registrations 7 days prior to the event.

Earlybird registration for non-members is $60. Regular registration is $65. We will be limiting the registration to 60 drivers, so do not wait until the last moment!

If we can get 60 drivers we will be running a double pad event at the same single pad price.

So... how many fine Fieros are we going to see at this event?

Edited by Patrick
karnak View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote karnak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2014 at 6:08pm
I am registered. This is the last day for early registration and the long term forecast is holding.. i am looking forward to seeing you guys out there!  
Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2014 at 6:37pm

I was waiting for you. I'll go register now. Get the boy to register as well.

Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2014 at 7:08pm

Just in case anyone else freaks out when they go to register...

A lot of info they ask about your car is optional. If you don't know the weight, VIN, etc... leave it blank.

The most trouble I had was determining the class the car is supposed to be in. I don't understand why this even matters with the very laid-back BCCC events, but I just used the class and PAX that BCCC had arbitrarily assigned me at the last event... ES.

I'm sure anyone else with a relatively stock Fiero can use that same class and not be called out. No, that does not apply to you, Harrison... not with that 3800sc hiding under your decklid.

Edited by Patrick
Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2014 at 9:16am

With the new registration system that BCCC is using, one nice feature is that it's possible to see who's registered and what they're driving by clicking HERE.

I only see one lonely Fiero (mine) so far. I'd like to see more!

Colby View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote Colby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2014 at 9:38am
Ah, I was going to register last night but I forgot.

Patrick, your car is better classed in STR, at least based on the rules as they were a couple years ago. Bigger wheels than stock and different springs kick you out of the stock class.
88 Formula 5 speed

Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2014 at 10:06am

Originally posted by Cheese Cheese wrote:

Bigger wheels than stock and different springs kick you out of the stock class.

And into a class which includes... engine transplants? Like maybe the same class that would include a beautiful black '88 GT with a nice 3800sc hiding under the decklid?

I tried to change the class I'm registered in to STR, but couldn't find a way to get in there and edit it. It really makes no difference. There's nothing on the line... except for bragging rights.

Edited by Patrick
D_sensitized View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Executive Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote D_sensitized Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2014 at 12:44pm
I won't be able to make this one :(

But I'm still a class or 2 above STR, the engine swap instantly kicks you
into street mod, or super street mod (SSM) for us 2 seaters.

So you'll still win any future ties. :P

And I guess since neither of us are stock class, Glenn should be the
one with my first in class certificate at the last BCCC event...
-Harrison
88GT 3800 SC1 F23 5-speed
Chilliwack
Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2014 at 1:56pm

Well dang it, the mininum number of participants wasn't met to move up from one pad to two. However, one pad or two pads... it's all good. Just hoping the rain holds off.

Don't know what Colby's driving yet. I'd like to see at least two Fieros at the event, but that's yet to be determined.

Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2014 at 6:22am

It's a little damp out there, but at least it's not pouring. The barometer is also rising, so there's still some hope.

Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2014 at 5:33pm

Interesting day. I drove out to Pitt Meadows bright and early and I'm there for about ten minutes when it dawns on me that I've left my helmet at home.

So, back to Vancouver... and then back to Pitt Meadows.

Needless to say the car was plenty warmed up for autocross.

Track conditions were less than favorable. HUGE puddles everywhere. And the course had three VERY tight sweeps. So tight that many times various cars had to come to a complete stop at one of the sweeps, back up, and go forward again to make the corner.

Can't say this was one of my favorite autocross events ever, but nevertheless, I made the most of it. Gary and Colby are good company.

Which reminds me... Colby will be by shortly with an announcement.

karnak View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote karnak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2014 at 5:42pm
Good summary Patrick! ...if only i had rain tires.. oh..and heat.
Fun day never the less

i did mess up a couple of runs.. pretty badly... no.... really badly.
i will see in a bit and post some video soon.

time for food

Gary
karnak View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote karnak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2014 at 7:38pm
Here is my video. It is a clean run, but perhaps not my best.

Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2014 at 9:33pm

Originally posted by karnak karnak wrote:

Here is my video.

I'm pretty sure I saw a migrating salmon at one point.

Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2014 at 2:55am

I spent more time than I should've experimenting with "Annotations" at YouTube. Make sure yours are not turned off for the following...

HERE is my video contribution for this BCCC event. Warning - bad language.

Edited by Patrick
karnak View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote karnak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2014 at 9:14am
Good video! I chose a video without harsh words... left me with only
one.. lol
AllanJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote AllanJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2014 at 10:03am
Poor Patrick.

Sorry you guys had bad weather. I hear it builds character
though.

Hopefully the next race is dry and not too hot. I'll keep
my fingers crossed for you.
Colby View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote Colby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2014 at 2:10pm
It was kind of a miserable day... a little too close to being like a slush series event for me. It's hard to really practice finding the ideal line in those sorts of variable conditions. At least there's some car control practice, some slalom practice (even though the cones were really out of place at the end of the day), and I managed to salvage the day by narrowly annihilating Patrick again. 

I'm considering making a video with all the clips of me screwing up, but for now, here's a video of a clean run: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BE6GKoIqtg

And here's what the course looked like from one of the stations:

Edited by Cheese
88 Formula 5 speed

Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2014 at 2:14pm

Originally posted by AllanJ AllanJ wrote:

Poor Patrick.

Allan, I hope that's in reference to me forgetting my helmet, and not a critique on my driving!

It was a frustrating driving experience. Yes, it was educational in regards to handling the car in the rain... but I go to autocross to drive as fast as I can within the contraints of a (dry) track, not to slip and slide around a greased pan.

Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2014 at 2:16pm

Originally posted by Cheese Cheese wrote:

...and I managed to salvage the day by narrowly annihilating Patrick again. 

How about telling everyone how "narrowly" it was.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic