West Coast Fieros Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Events Section » Performance Driving
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

2014 Autocross Dates

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote Colby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2014 Autocross Dates
    Posted: 21 February 2014 at 11:23pm
Here's a (hopefully) complete list of events for 2014. These all take place at the BC Driving Centre.

UBCSCCFeb 23
UBCSCCMar 16
VCMCApr 5
UBCSCCApr 6
VCMCApr 27
BCCCMay 10
UBCSCCMay 11
VCMCMay 18
UBCSCCMay 24 (Autocross 101)
UBCSCC May 25
PCA-CWRMay 31
VCMCJune 1
BCCCJune 14
UBCSCCJune 15
VCMCJune 21 (Velocity Driving School)
VCMCJune 22
UBCSCCJune 29
VCMCJuly 12
UBCSCCJuly 13
BCCCJuly 19
VCMCJuly 26
PCA-CWRAug 2
BCCCAug 9
VCMCAug 15-17
UBCSCCAug 24
PCA-CWRAug 30
UBCSCCSept 6 (Autocross 101)
UBCSCCSept 7
VCMCSept 13

Sources: UBCSCC, VCMC, PCA-CWR, BCCC

Typically, we go to the PCA (Porsche club) and BCCC (Corvette club) events (the dates are in bold), but last year most of the Corvette club's events were Corvette-only. I don't know if this year is any different.

Edited by Cheese
88 Formula 5 speed

Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2014 at 1:14pm

Colby, thanks for posting the dates. I've emailed Vic Nightscales to see if he can tell us which BCCC events are open to everyone. I'll post back here when I find out.

I also asked Rich in the PCA-CWR forum if the PCA autocrosses were all double-pad events. However, right after I posted that question I saw the following at the UBCSCC site...

Quote Due to a new booking structure announced by the pad’s management in March 2012, we are unable to announce the actual pad size until our event is open for sign-up.

So, I guess we'll probably have to wait awhile before we know for sure about that.

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to autocross this year... even more so than usual. I loved the Mighty Duke, but it'll be so nice to be able to accelerate out of the corners now due to my Fiero upgrade.

Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2014 at 12:23pm

Originally posted by Patrick Patrick wrote:

I also asked Rich in the PCA-CWR forum if the PCA autocrosses were all double-pad events.

Good news! I heard back from Rich and it turns out that all PCA-CWR events will be double-pad... so mark those dates on your calendars for sure!

I should add that single-pad events are just as much fun (and usually a bit cheaper as well). I don't want the "newbs" to think that it's got to be double or nothing.

Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2014 at 8:30pm

Originally posted by Patrick Patrick wrote:

I've emailed Vic Nightscales to see if he can tell us which BCCC events are open to everyone. I'll post back here when I find out.

I've received some good news from Vic at BCCC. The first event of the season is going to be a two day all GM affair.  We have been invited along with the local Camaro club to join our Corvette cousins for this event.

Quote BC CORVETTE CLUB DRIVING SKILLS EVENT

Thursday-May 8, 6:30PM to 9PM at Prestons Chevrolet, Langley Bypass, Langley.  Upstairs Classroom.

Driving Skills Classroom covering the following:

1. Driving Basics
2. Vehicle Dynamics
3. Cornering Technique
4. Slalom Racing Fundamentals.

Saturday-May 10, 8AM to 4PM at the JIBC Driving Centre, 18200 Ford Road, Pitt Meadows, BC

Driving Skills Practise covering the following:

1. Threshold Braking
2. Vision
3. Accident Avoidance
4. Autocross Practise together with timed runs through the balance of the day.

The course is designed for all levels of drivers and is based on programs offered by professional performance driving schools.
Event is run under a CACC Autoslalom permit with ASN insurance.
Cost is $50 in order to cover the facility rental cost and liability insurance for the event.  Room may be limited so please register early.

Register for the event by emailing vnightscales@netscape.net

I'll post this info again in a dedicated thread closer to the actual date, but I wanted to post it here early as this upcoming event is rather special.

Unless we put some Fiero stickers on Gary's 914/6, I'm afraid he's out of luck (which is unfortunate), but this is a perfect event for Glenn and anyone else in the club trying autocross for the first time.

Edited by Patrick
Fieroman88 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Executive Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fieroman88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2014 at 10:44pm
Looking forward to trying this out soon !
Fieroman88
Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2014 at 12:23am

Just wanted to mention that the date for the Driving Skills Classroom instruction (for the BCCC event mentioned above) has been changed from Friday, May 9th to Thursday, May 8th. (I edited the original post to reflect this.)

The change was made as the classroom wasn't available Friday night, but I think Thursday night will actually work out better for some of us. I usually swap over to my track tires/wheels the night before an autocross event, so I'm happy about the date change.

Vic said to me in his last email that he's hoping there'll be several Fieros registered for this event. So let's not disappoint him. It'll be fun to scare the 'Vettes with our little plastic cars from the 80's.

Vic has also made it clear that space is limited. If you wait until the last week to register, chances are you will not be able to attend. I've already registered.

If you wish to participate in this two-part event (good value at $50), please contact Vic at the email address below sooner rather than later. You have been warned.  Register now!

vnightscales@netscape.net

Edited by Patrick
Bassman View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God
Sir Brian

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bassman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2014 at 3:50pm
Double pad baby...yes I intend to make it this year!!!

Chat soon, hope someone is at the event this weekend
Brian (Bassman)

86 GT Fastback 3.2L

2013 Mazda3 Sport GS SkyActive

[IMG]http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u243/Bassman68/BassmanSignature.png">
Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2014 at 5:18pm

Originally posted by Bassman Bassman wrote:

...hope someone is at the event this weekend

The only club members I'm aware of who for sure are participating this weekend are Harrison and myself.

This will be the first time I've had my '88 Formula on the track. I'm looking forward to the increased power over the Mighty Duke, but the suspension hasn't been tweaked yet... so I'm expecting some pretty wild spins!

Edited by Patrick
Bassman View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God
Sir Brian

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bassman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2014 at 9:35pm
Have fun either way...
Brian (Bassman)

86 GT Fastback 3.2L

2013 Mazda3 Sport GS SkyActive

[IMG]http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u243/Bassman68/BassmanSignature.png">
Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2014 at 9:44pm

Oh, it'll be fun alright... just a little unpredictable.

Colby View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote Colby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2014 at 1:48pm
Just fixed a typo on my list. The PCA autocross is on the 31st, not 21st.
88 Formula 5 speed

Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2014 at 6:31pm

Originally posted by Cheese Cheese wrote:

...last year most of the Corvette club's events were Corvette-only. I don't know if this year is any different.

It appears that this year is different. I think the Corvette Club enjoys having Fieros come to their events. Heck, our cars are related.  So yeah, mark your calendars for the BCCC events.

BCCC is also hoping to have double-pad events this year if enough people register ahead of time to make it financially feasible.

So all in all, the BCCC events promise to be a lot of fun... just as the PCA events are.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic