West Coast Fieros Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Buy / Sell » Complete Cars
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Any interest in a 3" stretch Fiero Frame?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Quote Linlor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Any interest in a 3" stretch Fiero Frame?
    Posted: 05 July 2013 at 9:30am
I have sold off most of the projects I had and now I have a 3" stretched frame left over.  I have been working with 85senochie on Pennock's to see what I can do to get a set of Fiero body panels on the car to get it running but everything I want to do requires fiberglassing.  I went out to the garage last night to try to finish off the Countach fender flares for a buddy down in Arizona and came out with very irritated skin so I really need to get out of the glassing part of the hobby.....

What I have:
  • 85 Fiero frame
    • Cut down at the front end so part of the wrap around bumper mount has been removed at the headlight areas
    • I think I can get a new front wrap around from a guy on the island and weld it back on as per oem
    • Fully reinforced with a sub frame that goes from the front suspension cross member to the engine cradle
    • 3" stretch behind the firewall
    • Roof cut off for convertible
  • Custom front suspension
    • I built this with 2" wider control arms each side
    • Fiero hubs
    • Monroe Coil over shocks
  • Custom rear suspension
    • Custom tubular control arms that widen the rear suspension 4" each side
    • Coil over shocks
    • Shock tower mounts moved outward to retain Fiero suspension geometry
    • I also have an '88 cradle with rebuilt control arms
      • I got the cradle off John (Dr. Fiero) and bought the control arms off a Pennock's member
  • Drivetrain
    • Custom widened drive shafts set up for manual transmission
      • Will handle 400 hp so no issues for the 3.4
  • Custom 11.25" Upgraded Brakes
    • Can't remember what donors are from but 11.25" brakes all around (GrandPrix??)
    • I built custom spacers for the front brakes so I could use front brake rotors vs. the rear rotor on most upgrades
    • I also set up the rear calipers so that the e-brake is still connected and you can bleed the brakes without pulling everything apart
    • Bigger master cylinder
  • Custom 355 interior
    • The interior is set up for the extended screen
    • Custom defrosters pushed out to proper location
    • Upper and lower dash pieces
    • Amida centre console
    • 355 style inner door handles
  • All parts were replaced with new wherever possible
  • So much more but I can't remember everything.....
  • I am sure I have upwards of around $8-$10k in this thing.....

I have no idea what to ask for this since I won't get anywhere close to what I have in it but I also don't want to part it out or give it away....

What do you guys think I could get for something like this or even if anyone would be interested in the full package??

Thanks
Don

Edited by Linlor
Ferrari 308 Replica
Prova 5000s Countach Replica
Car-2-Lo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Car-2-Lo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 July 2013 at 9:05am
Don, I can't believe you're selling off your fleet of cars , if I had the cash I would buy the whole package, but I'm poor

Do you still have the 308's
Johnny-B-Good

Linlor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Linlor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2013 at 2:47pm
Hey John;

I still have my 308.  It has been sitting under wraps while I finish off a couple last fiberglassing commitments I have.  Then glassing is done by tomorrow night actually, and then I am away for 3 weeks starting this weekend.  When I get back, the 308 is coming out from under sheets and will be finished off.

I actually, don't have any projects left except for the 308.  The 355 and the Countach are both gone.  All I have now is this frame I need to decide what to do with....

Your car is looking incredible.
Ferrari 308 Replica
Linlor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Linlor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2013 at 9:36am

I will let the frame and everything go without the extended screen and engine/trans combo.  I am using the engine and trans in my 308 now that I sold off my 3.8 S/C.  The custom axles are set up for a manual transmission 4 or 5 spd will work.  Centre console in pictures below is also already gone.

I planned on doing a stretch Fiero convertible out of it with GT panels but I ended up getting another project instead.

I have way more than $1500 into this thing just in parts for the custom control arms and suspension alone. 

At this price someone can buy this thing as a parts car and update your own Fiero for less than getting all the new parts on their own.

Anyone interested, give me a call at 778 678-8043 or reply to this thread.

Edited by Linlor
Ferrari 308 Replica
Carcollector View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Carcollector Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2016 at 11:20pm
Hi, do you still have this?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic