West Coast Fieros Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Buy / Sell » Engines / Transmissions and Related Parts
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

87 GT exhust , best place to find one?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Quote Rob N. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 87 GT exhust , best place to find one?
    Posted: 03 July 2011 at 9:36am

I've decided to restore a  blue 87 GT that I picked up in South Surrey .One on the many things I need to do is to replace the  pipe to the Cat, the cat & the muffle system. I've got the two tips. The headers had been replaced and the cross over pipe & EGR are in place.  I've got a new cat from the 2.5 will it work?

Can anyone recomend a shop?

Capt Fiero View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2011 at 9:48am

CDN Tire sells the cheapest bet it goes from the cat to the muffler and out, but does not include the cat or the tips, last I checked it was around $500, you can have one made for around 800-1200 with good pipe.  The CDN tire one is junk but its the cheapest option. 

I can check I might have a used system here, from an 87GT same as 86GT, the tips are gone, but the rest of the system is there.  Would let it go for $100 which is the norm for used V6 Fiero exhaust systems. 

Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Eight Fifty Seven GT V8 5spd.
Rob N. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Rob N. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2011 at 9:58am

If you've got one I'd be realy interested in it. I could come over today late afternoon  or anytime this week in the evenings. Got any old springs?

Rob

Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2011 at 11:17am

One of these days I have to git off my butt and fix the gallery, many of the photos were duplicated.  But browse through here.

http://www.westcoastfieros.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=246 7&PN=1

Make a list and if it is a part in a box, make note of the box number or what the container looks like that is holding the parts.    I am pretty sure we can find some stock springs.

I will be home all day, and I do just happen to have the exhaust from the 87GT here.  I'd drop the price down to 75 bucks on it, as it is an aftermarket unit and not Orignal OEM equipment.

Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Rob N. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Rob N. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2011 at 11:34am
OK , I've got some one looking at my 2M4 around 2 ish so is 4 ok?
Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2011 at 11:38pm
Hey Rob remember that really long bolt you were showing me, could you look over it and see if you can find the GM part number for it.  I need to order 2 of them.  Also check out those inner tie rods and I will try and find a price on them.  Looks like I might by buying caalidn front suspension from him.
Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Rob N. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Rob N. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2011 at 7:59am

The bolt # is (GM) 10023688  and I forgot where you said it goes...

The tie rod ends are made by TRW and they are pn 2286R

By the way, the ECM has these #'s on it, 1227170  860042  M621415513, the super chip  had  1985 2.8 L on it. (I'd like to sell/trade it as I'll never put a turbo on my 87GT.

Aslo I can't find any bolts to fit that ring gear dust cover, did you sa you think you had some?

Rob

Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2011 at 10:24am
Google that 12227170 number as that will tell you what year ECM that is.  Thanks for the part number for the bolt, I am going to look it up today and see what I can come up with.  It is for the front upper control arm on pre 88 cars.  You would have to dig through my bolt buckets to find the bolts but I am sure I have a few here.
Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic