West Coast Fieros Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Events Section » Performance Driving
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

PCA-CWR Autox #2 - June 5th 2011

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote Colby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PCA-CWR Autox #2 - June 5th 2011
    Posted: 29 May 2011 at 12:44pm
Quote I'm pleased to announce our second autocross event of 2011 for Sunday June 5th!

We are making a few improvements to the event, the first being that we will no longer be doing registration and payment onsite. From now on, this must all be done online via Karelo, just like UBC club events. This will eliminate the clumsy morning registration.

This event is capped at 50 drivers. Pre-registration via Karelo is mandatory. There will be absolutely no refunds. We will only issue a credit for future autocross events if you cancel within 24 hours or more in advance. If you "no show" for the event, we will not refund or credit you. If you are not sure you can attend, please do not pre-register. Pre-registration on Karelo is the only way to sign up for this event. Those showing up with cash on the morning of the event will be turned away.

Cost is $40 per driver, and includes all fees and taxes. ( HST number: 81333 1451 RT0001)

Please note: You do not need to be a Porsche Club member or own a Porsche to participate. We welcome everyone to join us! Friends and family are welcome to come and spectate as well: there is no need to sign-up if you just want to watch, however EVERYONE that is on-site MUST sign the liability waivers.

There is absolutely ZERO TOLERANCE for any burnouts, reckless driving, or loud stereos on Ford Road at any time. Anyone caught breaking this rule will be immediately, and permanently, banned from all 3 local autocross clubs without warning.

Please obey the stop signs abeam the runway, and wait for any aircraft that are taking off or landing before resuming.

Gates will be open by 8:00am. Please don't arrive too early as a line will form on Ford Road, however you must be onsite and checked-in by 9am, or you will not run. The last run will be finished by 4:30pm. If you drive, you must work. If you cannot work, or need to leave early early, it must be prearranged with us, or else you will not be welcome back.

Free instruction and a limited amount of loaner helmets are available for novice drivers! Drivers of all skill levels are encouraged to come out!

You are welcome to bring your own helmet as long as it is a 2000 or newer model M or SA helmet.

Please make sure your vehicle is free of all loose objects, including your trunk compartment, and that your battery is firmly bolted down in place. Any vehicles found to be mechanically unsafe will not be allowed to run, and no refund will be given.

Karelo registration

It looks like this time you have until 8pm the day before to register.
88 Formula 5 speed

Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2011 at 12:57pm

Next weekend will be busy. Arlington on Saturday, autocross on Sunday.

Hopefully the mighty Duke will be able to handle all the pressure.

Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2011 at 1:33pm

So who (besides me) is planning to go to this autocross hosted by the Porsche club on Sunday June 5th, the day after Arlington?

Colby? Gary? Alan? Harrison? Harrison's dad? Tristan? Brian? Johnny?

Did I miss anyone who might be interested?

The weather is expected to be perfect, and the track should be dry!

Colby View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote Colby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2011 at 1:55pm
Hmm, I might need sunscreen this time.

I'll be registering shortly, just need to confirm with my uncle that he's co-driving with me.
88 Formula 5 speed

Bassman View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God
Sir Brian

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bassman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2011 at 1:55pm

Edit...Registered, see you Sunday, Double header for me it seems

Brian (Bassman)

86 GT Fastback 3.2L

2013 Mazda3 Sport GS SkyActive

[IMG]http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u243/Bassman68/BassmanSignature.png">
Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2011 at 1:59pm

Originally posted by Bassman Bassman wrote:

I would if I could get in but sold out apparently...I can try tonight as I would like to go

Sold out !!!!!??????

Edit...Registered, see you Sunday, Double header for me it seems

I think you did that on purpose!  

I'm going to register right now!

Colby View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote Colby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2011 at 2:10pm
Registered. And I won't be the only Fiero this time.
88 Formula 5 speed

Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2011 at 2:20pm

Guys, a couple questions about the Karelo registration...

What is the "Autocross club bar code"? Is that the six digit CACC paper thingy I got last year?

Am I still regarded as a "Novice" after having run in three autocrosses last year?

Quick answers would be appreciated as I'm in the middle of registering online.  Thanks!

[EDIT] Didn't want to wait any longer (and have it sell out while I was stalling!), so I used my CACC number and I put myself down as a "Novice", as what the heck I still drive like one on the track.

Woo hoo, I'm pumped!

Colby View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote Colby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2011 at 2:31pm
Originally posted by Patrick Patrick wrote:

What is the "Autocross club bar code"? Is that the six digit CACC paper thingy I got last year?

Yes, the same barcode that you got from VCMC last year. They didn't use it last event and probably won't on the 5th, so don't worry about it too much.

Am I still regarded as a "Novice" after having run in three autocrosses last year?

I think they classify novices as 3 or less. If you don't feel like a novice anymore then say you're not. It doesn't matter since this is just for fun.

EDIT: I'm too slow!
88 Formula 5 speed

Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2011 at 2:37pm

Originally posted by Cheese Cheese wrote:

And that's why my mighty duke is going to beat yours!

Heh heh... sorry Colby, couldn't resist...

We need to get wild-child Tristan signed up now.

Colby View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote Colby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2011 at 2:56pm

We'll see...

88 Formula 5 speed

Romeo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Romeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2011 at 4:08pm

Heh heh... sorry Colby, couldn't resist...

We need to get wild-child Tristan signed up now.

Wild-child here never had the tail come out once last autocross, thank you very much. My most trouble-worthy action was an apparent failure to stop in the damn box on my fastest run.

Never shift into reverse without a back-up plan.
Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2011 at 4:35pm

Originally posted by Romeo Romeo wrote:

Wild-child here never had the tail come out once last autocross, thank you very much. My most trouble-worthy action was an apparent failure to stop in the damn box on my fastest run.

Well, that report was all very fine and dandy, but I neglected to see any mention made of this Sunday.

So, hotshot... you coming out to play?

Romeo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Romeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2011 at 5:45pm
I have work. I will see if I can sneak my way out of it...
Never shift into reverse without a back-up plan.
Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2011 at 6:02pm

Originally posted by Romeo Romeo wrote:

I have work. I will see if I can sneak my way out of it...

I'm hoping you can. I wish to put Gretchin in her place.

AllanJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote AllanJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2011 at 6:34pm
Signed up and co-driving Colby's Fiero.  I think Colby said he'd buy me a year's worth of autocrosses if I could manage to beat him on Sunday.  
Bassman View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God
Sir Brian

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bassman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2011 at 6:49pm

Wasn't there something said by Cokby about beating us "Old Men"???...pushing it:)...

Sunday will be fun:)

Brian (Bassman)

86 GT Fastback 3.2L

Colby View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote Colby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2011 at 7:10pm

Wasn't there something said by Cokby about beating us "Old Men"???...pushing it:)...

Apparently emails aren't private anymore... what I actually said (in response to my uncle wanting to beat to my dad's time) was: "I'm registered now and it looks like Brian and Patrick are too. So if you can't beat one old guy driving a mid-engined car, there's now two more for you to try to beat!"

Originally posted by AllanJ AllanJ wrote:

I think Colby said he'd buy me a year's worth of autocrosses if I could manage to beat him on Sunday.  

I'm not sure I'm prepared to bet a years worth of autocrosses, but a bet does sound like an interesting idea.
88 Formula 5 speed

Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2011 at 7:33pm

Signed up and co-driving Colby's Fiero.

Now that's going to be interesting... seeing how a 4-banger Fiero responds to an experienced autocross driver who's used to driving more powerful vehicles.

I think Colby said he'd buy me a year's worth of autocrosses if I could manage to beat him on Sunday.  

I thought I heard Colby say he'd pay the entry fees for every Fiero at every event this summer if you beat him.

what I actually said (in response to my uncle wanting to beat my dad's time) was: "I'm registered now and it looks like Brian and Patrick are too. So if you can't beat one old guy driving a mid-engined car, there's now two more for you to try to beat!"

Them's fighting words, sonny.

Colby, you better hope Tristan signs up so that us "old guys" will have more than one kid to kick around.

Sunday will be fun:)

Should be great.

Bassman View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God
Sir Brian

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bassman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2011 at 8:09pm

Ok, bet's on the table...beers after for the prize:)

Brian (Bassman)

86 GT Fastback 3.2L

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic