West Coast Fieros Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Events Section » Meetings, and Events Info
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

October 9th Meeting Wrap-Up

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: October 9th Meeting Wrap-Up
    Posted: 09 October 2010 at 9:42pm

I'm setting aside a thread for Tristan to post his report and for Johnny to post his pictures.

A little damp out in the parking lot, but a good meeting nevertheless.

Here's Colby arriving...

Car-2-Lo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Car-2-Lo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2010 at 10:34pm
Sorry, no pics of Fieros, it was dark and raining

Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2010 at 10:36pm

Hey Tristan, she's a cutie.

We might not be getting our club meeting report until morning.

Romeo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Romeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2010 at 2:00am

Hehe. Nah, dropped her off back home. Write up time.

Well, given the weather and awful traffic, we had a grand total of seven Fieros and approximately two dozen members. Without David's and Lisa's supervision the meeting started a little late, and without our MC of the night to begin with.

With Johnny Boy and Harrison, the 3800 SC engines were well represented (And more importantly, the fastback crowd was as well). When Patrick the leader of the even show up, things got off to a slow and shaky start as this one fumbled about with the door prizes and free food wins (Of which I cheated a door prize win).

When discussions finally commenced, only one topic was widely talked about: Autocross. We spoke to Colby, Patrick, Johnny Boy, Harrison and myself to get everyone's unique perspective on the Corvette run. Also as a reminder, Slush series starts soon. Please refer to the thread for further details.

A couple new faces were present. One member to scope us out, and another to tell us about his new IMSA Notchie. I will leave them to introduce themselves here when they can.

And, as soon as the meeting began - it was over. I can't tell what was discussed in the parking lot tonight, although everyone was seen eying Harrison's engine bay when I left. Perhaps either he or Patrick could offer more insight.

(PS, awesome picture of me Johnny Boy. LOL)

Never shift into reverse without a back-up plan.
Romeo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Romeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2010 at 2:11am
And oh my god. Look at your face in the second-to-last photo Kevin! EPIC!
Dawg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2010 at 10:14am
By golly you're right Tristan......I didn't even recognize him.  I thought it was some freaky new member I didn't know.

Ho...leeee!

The Dawg
You dream it up....I'll make it
Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2010 at 11:58am

Originally posted by Romeo Romeo wrote:

When Patrick the leader of the even show up...

I suppose that's preferred over being leader of the odd.

Driving through the downpour to get there took at bit longer than usual. I got there at 6:10 PM, which wasn't all that bad considering we haven't been starting our meetings 'til 7:00 lately (because we normally spend so much time out in the parking lot).

Tristan forgot to mention a couple of things we also discussed at the meeting. He was distracted I believe by the young lady, so I can't say that I blame him.  

I brought one of the spycams I used at the autocross for everyone to look at. We also discussed Clynt's chopper and how Clynt, Johnny and I completely sucked in a couple of members with our staged/photoshopped pictures of Clynt's customization of the beast. Right, Tristan?

New member Gary (not Colby's dad) discussed his recent purchase of an Indy Fiero and the pros and cons of buying another '84 as a parts car. I felt that a parts car was a great idea if yard space was available, however I also expressed my opinion that $300 was too much money to pay for an '84 with a blown engine. As Dave will attest, people often have trouble giving 84's away!

The only other thing I might mention is that the prices on the menu have all gone up at the Ricky's restaurant. Being the thifty Fiero owner that I am, I tried to buy basically the cheapest thing on the menu. After the 12% HST and the 15% "gratuity" fee (which is automatically added to all our meals due to the fact that we use the banquet room), my club sandwich and a coffee cost just over $17 which is rather ridiculous. I can afford it, but honestly, I'm beginning to suspect that some members are probably staying away from our meetings due to the prices at Ricky's. We may need to re-evaluate in the near future where we plan to continue to hold our meetings.

Romeo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Romeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2010 at 1:04pm

I do believe that was supposed to be leader of the event. Don't know, wasn't thinking! =D

Uh huh? Driving sensibly I still made it there by six. Troublemaker.

Oh right, spycams! One could sort've say they were related to autocross... =P

Yeah, my meal came to $40, which was also a touch steep. Considering only Kevin's waitress was there that day, it was exremely difficult to justify the higher prices (And I mean way higher, beyond HST).

Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2010 at 1:22pm

Yeah, my meal came to $40, which was also a touch steep.

I saw what the two of you had, and I've got to agree that it was awfully expensive for what it was. It's not like we're talking steak dinners here. The two of you had what, a side order of fries along with a sandwich that also came with fries and a couple of (non-alcohol) drinks?

No wonder that restaurant is basically empty all the time (whenever I've seen it during our meetings).

Romeo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Romeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2010 at 2:58pm

I had fries and a milkshake.

She had a sandwich and a pop.

$40. It hurt. lol

Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2010 at 4:10pm

$40. It hurt. lol

That's a day at autocross right there!

Romeo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Romeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2010 at 5:39pm
Pretty much. Speaking of which, I'll have to find a way of getting my lovely little Mel into autocross.
D_sensitized View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Executive Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote D_sensitized Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2010 at 10:05pm

I can't tell what was discussed in the parking lot tonight, although
everyone was seen eying Harrison's engine bay when I left. Perhaps
either he or Patrick could offer more insight.

Well Patrick and Kevin hadn't seen in there yet so they wanted to
check it out, as well as whoever else was around and curious. Don't
worry, your not missing anything new.
-Harrison
88GT 3800 SC1 F23 5-speed
Chilliwack
Romeo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Romeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2010 at 11:16pm
Ah, very well. Didn't know, but I could tell the miss was starting to get bored, decided it was time to head back to New West.
kharmata View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote kharmata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2010 at 11:26pm

And oh my god. Look at your face in the
second-to-last photo Kevin! EPIC!

Not good - I was trying to look all surprised but caught
me half blinking.  I look wasted.  terrible picture. 
Delete!

Oh great! Now you can't miss that photo even if you tried.
Thanks Patrick. You are a swell guy. Don't let anyone tell
you different   
Capt Fiero View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2010 at 11:44pm

Sounds like an amazing meeting, sorry to have missed it, but Patrick and Tristan seem to have done an amazing job at it, with lots of speakers.

As to the food price we may have to ask for a discount equal to the new price change or consider changing locations.  If we go too cheap, we will loose members that don't want to have meetings at a McDonald's, or too expensive and people don't want to spend the money for the Keg.  Most of the places in between don't have a banquet room or adequate parking or both, or are too far away. 

Lisa and I were joking we should move the meetings to Belling ham at the Izzy's Amazing quality of food, all you can eat and it was only 8.99 per person.   Ya Ya I know it will never happen unless its a night time club drive.   

If we could find a buffet up here that might be our best bet.  Something around $12 per person.  So 2 people could eat for 22 regardless of how much they eat. 

We can open the topic again, and have a separate thread about it.

I need to wrap up here, as its midnight and Lisa and I are heading for the Oregon Coast early tomorrow morning.  Take care all.

David, Lisa and Arianna reporting in from Oregon.

Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Eight Fifty Seven GT V8 5spd.
Romeo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Romeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2010 at 12:54am

Oh my god, a buffet would be awesome. "Uncle Willy's" has a Diabetic section of deserts too, so I can eat like an idiot and not feel especially bad about it.

Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2010 at 3:32pm

Oh my god, a buffet would be awesome. "Uncle Willy's"...

Hey, if Uncle Willy's has a banquet room, we'd be all set.

Romeo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Romeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2010 at 4:44pm
Dare to dream, Patty. Dare. To. Dream.
marcelvdgn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote marcelvdgn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2010 at 11:42pm

Sorry i missed the club meet.

Just a note that i sold my red fiero to Paul and Chris of North Vancouver last week and they planned to check out the club. Im not sure if they made it out as it was pretty wet and i also wasnt there.

In any case they may want to join if you guys can behave yourselves

Paul is looking for sail panel in good shape for the 85 coupe.

I hope to see you all next meet

Marcel

Marcel 86SE V6 Auto
85SE V6 Auto
85 2m4
soon to be sleeper 3.8sc 5 speed
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic