West Coast Fieros Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » General Fiero Chat » General Talk about Fieros
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

my chop top widebody thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Quote fencerenu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: my chop top widebody thread
    Posted: 05 October 2010 at 5:07pm
Here are some pics of my chop top wide body I'm doing...

fencerenu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote fencerenu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2010 at 5:16pm
Here are some more pics...

fencerenu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote fencerenu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2010 at 5:27pm
And here are some more pics...

Romeo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Romeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2010 at 5:42pm
Hm, I like the look of the silver racing car (About the second one in). For one thing, the functional upper scoops are intriguing, would be fun to run the take from either end of them. Ram air is pretty damn awesome.
Never shift into reverse without a back-up plan.
fencerenu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote fencerenu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2010 at 5:54pm
This is what it started as...

Romeo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Romeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2010 at 6:03pm
Let me know if you DO intend to do ram air. I've been studying extensively on aerodynamics and would love to help out in any way possible.
fencerenu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote fencerenu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2010 at 6:21pm
It turns out it is about 4" lower in back and about 3 inches in front.
fencerenu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote fencerenu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2010 at 6:28pm
I need help figuring out what kinds of wheels and tires I can use on it.  I love the Johnny style the most, but as the Mexican worker said this morning when I pulled into a parking spot "Oh that's like one of those old school exotics." lol  so maybe the Clynt style wheels and tires might be more appropriate...  I don't know...  I'm wondering if maybe this particular car will even need to be a widebody...
Romeo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Romeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2010 at 6:43pm
Good luck with both.
fencerenu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote fencerenu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2010 at 6:44pm
  I bought body panels for the back widebody and the quarter panels to copy the Johnny style...  for somebody who complained about people copying me, I sure am copying these two guys a bunch...
fencerenu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote fencerenu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2010 at 6:45pm
Some of my inspiration -

fencerenu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote fencerenu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2010 at 8:33pm
additional inspiration...

Romeo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Romeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2010 at 9:37pm
Originally posted by fencerenu fencerenu wrote:

Romeo, I totally will appreciate any help you can provide with the Ram air stuff.  It will seriously be appreciated!  

I have a whole stack of papers on turbulence, pressure, laminer flow, venturi effect, fluid dynamics and damn near everything else you could ever want to know about how air moves. I will scan them tomorrow and PM you them.
fencerenu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote fencerenu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2010 at 9:37am
Nothing new to report, yet.
fencerenu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote fencerenu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2010 at 2:37pm
fencerenu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote fencerenu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2010 at 2:47pm
Romeo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Romeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2010 at 8:39pm

Originally posted by fencerenu fencerenu wrote:

Rome... I wonder if we could hook up an HHO generator into the Ram Air and use the Venturi effect to inject the Hydrogen into the airflow that'll go into the air intake?

Venturi effect will only come into play when the intake changes diametre, in this manner:

\                    /

/                    \             

The skinny part will cause air to move faster and lower it's pressure, both of which will help you add hydrogen into the mix (Think of how a carburator works). Doing this after the ram air section of the intake would provide the best results.

Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2010 at 12:56am

You appear to have a history of posting and then deleting posts in this manner.

For anyone who's curious what I'm talking about, click Here to see how fencerenu has made a mess of the forums at Pennock's as well.

I don't know what your problem is, but nobody appreciates threads being trashed like this.

[EDIT] Lots has transpired since I originally posted this, but I'm going to leave it as is as I don't believe in deleting posts normally.

Dawg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2010 at 1:34am
I suspect our friend fencerenu has some psychological problems he must be working through.

He did seem a little odd to say the least.

Hopefully Dave can simply remove all this.

The Dawg
You dream it up....I'll make it
fencerenu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote fencerenu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2010 at 7:40am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic