Forum Home Forum Home » Events Section » Performance Driving
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

BC Corvette Club Autocross Sept 25

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 18>
Author
Senior Post God
Senior Post God
Sir Brian

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bassman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: BC Corvette Club Autocross Sept 25
    Posted: 24 August 2010 at 8:52am
Brian (Bassman)

86 GT Fastback 3.2L

2013 Mazda3 Sport GS SkyActive

[IMG]http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u243/Bassman68/BassmanSignature.png">
Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2010 at 11:28am

So, with the good vibes from the last autocross still resonating in our minds and bodies, is anyone else interested in this upcoming autocross put on by the Corvette club?

I notice in the thread that Brian has linked to that it's stated the number entrants will be limited to 50. That's great. I wonder if this is something the Porsche club may wish to look into doing with their future events.

At last Sunday's autocross there were at least 70 entrants. (Last month there were 40.) Keeping in mind that the event is scheduled to wrap up at 4:30 pm whether there are 30 entrants or 100, the number of entrants signed up makes quite a difference with how many runs through the course each driver gets to enjoy.

Obviously as a newb driver, I want to go through the course as many times as possible at each event. Five times last Sunday just wasn't enough!

Bassman View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God
Sir Brian

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bassman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2010 at 12:08pm

I have a spot confirmed, and PCA will be looking at options as this was crazy yesterday.  I am in the VCMC this Sunday, and UBC the one later, so if anyone is interested to visit you are welcome, this is more competitive of course, not as social and fun as PCA but always fun

If anyone does want to go, email and reserve a spot...

Brian (Bassman)

86 GT Fastback 3.2L

Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2010 at 12:20pm

Originally posted by Bassman Bassman wrote:

...so if anyone is interested to visit you are welcome, this is more competitive of course, not as social and fun as PCA but always fun

Brian, just to clarify, are you saying the autocross put on by the Corvette club is more "competitive" than the one we were just at put on by the Porsche club?

If so, would I (as a newb driving a 4-banger Fiero) not really be encouraged by this group to participate?

Bassman View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God
Sir Brian

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bassman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2010 at 1:06pm

No, the VCMC this Sunday is very competitive, even though it's the Novice series, all the "usual suspects" that we have problems with are there...the UBC is competitive but real easy going group.

The BC Corvette club I have not been too, but speaking with Gary yesterday he says they are just like PCA but don't take chit like poor Rich did...I'll be the pitt bull:)

Brian (Bassman)

86 GT Fastback 3.2L

Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2010 at 1:34pm

Originally posted by Bassman Bassman wrote:

The BC Corvette club I have not been too, but speaking with Gary yesterday he says they are just like PCA but don't take chit like poor Rich did...I'll be the pitt bull:)

So the Corvette guys aren't going to laugh at some newb driving a 4-banger Fiero then? 

Bassman View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God
Sir Brian

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bassman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2010 at 2:03pm
Bring the GT...you have time to prep:)
Brian (Bassman)

86 GT Fastback 3.2L

Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2010 at 2:23pm

Ummm... is that your way of breaking it to me gently that the Corvette guys would laugh at some newb driving a 4-banger Fiero?

Romeo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Romeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2010 at 2:24pm
Count me in!
Never shift into reverse without a back-up plan.
Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2010 at 2:26pm

Originally posted by Romeo Romeo wrote:

Count me in!

Woo hoo, Tristan has the fever!

Car-2-Lo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Car-2-Lo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2010 at 3:42pm
I wanna race too where do I buy a racing helmet
Johnny-B-Good

Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2010 at 4:01pm

Originally posted by Car-2-Lo Car-2-Lo wrote:

I wanna race too where do I buy a racing helmet

Atta boy Johnny !!!

Driver's Edge Autosport on Boundary certainly carries helmets. Brian or Colby or Austin might know some other options.

Colby View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote Colby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2010 at 4:12pm
Hmm... the Corvette club would probably design a more open course, don't you think? Not very good for my car, but it could still be a lot of fun. Think I should go?
88 Formula 5 speed

Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2010 at 4:16pm

Originally posted by Cheese Cheese wrote:

Hmm... the Corvette club would probably design a more open course, don't you think? Not very good for my car, but it could still be a lot of fun. Think I should go?

Of course!!!

Come on Colby, let's both of us go kick some Corvette butt!

DUKE POWER FOR THE WIN !!!

Capt Fiero View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2010 at 4:43pm

Maybe Brian can post the specifics on helmets.  Do they really check or how strict are they on the specific helmet that you have.  I know for Mission 1/4 mile racing, basically any helmet legal for a motorcycle is fine for racing, and that is much higher speed than an autocross.   

When I went to the drivers edge site, the 1st helmet I looked at was $695 and I about fainted at the keyboard.  I am sure they have some more reasonable priced helmets, but what are the requirements?

Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Eight Fifty Seven GT V8 5spd.
Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2010 at 5:10pm

I found some helmets being sold locally for as low as $159 Here.

I know NOTHING about helmets. Before any of us newbs rush out and buy one, hopefully one of the experienced autocross guys will chime in here and advise us.

I might mention that the Porsche club has free "loaner" helmets (four of them I believe) available for use at their events, but to be totally honest, the greatest cause of stress for me on Sunday was locating a loaner helmet prior to my runs. Other guys would grab them way too early (long before they actually needed them), or they would "forget" to put them back after their runs. There were a couple times where I was just three cars away from my run (and each run is about a minute) and I was still searching for a helmet. That was no fun.

Romeo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Romeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2010 at 5:21pm
I've seen a few for $50 on craigslist, I just need to figure out how big my head is (Patrick, if you say something, so help me I will hit you).
Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2010 at 5:23pm

I've seen a few for $50 on craigslist, I just need to figure out how big my head is (Patrick, if you say something, so help me I will hit you).

I was going to say something about the size of BC Place Stadium, but I won't bother now.

Romeo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Romeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2010 at 5:48pm
Originally posted by Patrick Patrick wrote:

I was going to say something about the size of BC Place Stadium, but I won't bother now.

Just wait, you're going to be putting on a helmet next race, getting ready for your next run and WHAM, going to get a fist full of karma. LOL

Kidding, I'm a pacifist.

Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 September 2010 at 5:52pm

Originally posted by Patrick Patrick wrote:

Just wait, you're going to be putting on a helmet next race, getting ready for your next run and WHAM, going to get a fist full of karma. LOL

Kidding, I'm a pacifist.

If I see you packing a lacrosse stick at the next meeting, I'll not be turning my back on you.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 18>
  Share Topic