West Coast Fieros Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » General Fiero Chat » Fiero Spotting
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Local really nice Fiero for sale

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Quote Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2009 at 11:05pm
Don't know about anyone else, but I personally enjoy your rants Patrick. Although I wonder where you find the time or energy.

I appreciate your intentions of informing others of potential malcontent and if there is a post/topic I think is stupid or overplayed I just skip it.

PS: I think it's really funny that you are stringing the scammer along. I usually try to get as much information from them as possible (address, personal phone number, cell number, fax number, etc) and then forward it all to their local police office once I've 411'd their supposed location.
I wanna go fast.
Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 September 2009 at 11:33pm

Originally posted by Matt Matt wrote:

Don't know about anyone else, but I personally enjoy your rants Patrick. Although I wonder where you find the time or energy.

Thanks Matt. Sometimes I purposely overplay a subject just to make it (hopefully) more entertaining. You know, we're supposed to be having a little fun when not fixing Fieros. I'm afraid some people just have no sense of humour.

I appreciate your intentions of informing others of potential malcontent...

Thanks again. Well, it really blows me away (and quite frankly, disappoints me) that someone/anyone would be offended by my attempts to bring to light crooks and con artists, especially ones who are preying on members of the Fiero community.

PS: I think it's really funny that you are stringing the scammer along. I usually try to get as much information from them as possible (address, personal phone number, cell number, fax number, etc)...

Heh heh, I've got more to report on that as well. I'm still sending emails back and forth with the scammer and will post them soon.

Mr R Willey has been busy.

Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2009 at 11:07am

Back to the scammer...

When we last reported on this saga, I asked scumbucket "Simone" who the guy mentioned on the invoice, "Clyde Lynch", was. These are the resulting emails...

Originally posted by Scam artist Scam artist wrote:

Hi,
  Mr. Clyde Lynch is the verified agent from eBay,he`s working at their UK department and he`s the one that you have to send the money to.

Originally posted by Patrick Patrick wrote:

Simone, I'm just a simple cowboy in Calgary, so I don't know how the business world operates. Could you please explain why I need to send money to the UK when you are in Montreal?

I'm sure there's a good reason, just let me know. I plan to go to the Money Gram establishment here in Calgary first thing Monday morning.

I sold 1000 head of cattle on Saturday. I've got plenty of money burning a hole in my pocket. I want to be driving that beautiful Fiero GT of yours!

-Red Willey

PS. I know this sounds kind of silly, but I sort of feel like we're becoming good friends with all this emailing back and forth. Could you possibly send me a picture of yourself? It would be much appreciated. I'll keep it in the Fiero as sort of a momento of our transaction. Thanks.

ebay is using their united kingdom department for a better safety of these transactions.you will love this car,you will love it.i will be very glad to get to know each other,but after we finish our business.

Why, is there a risk involved with these type of transactions? What could go wrong?

-Red

PS. I guess you're kind of shy, eh? Tell you what, send me a cute picture of yourself and I'll send along an extra hundred dollars! Come on, make big ol' Red Willey happy.

there is no risk and all your funds are fully guaranteed.let`s finish the deal please and i promise to give a picture and we can continue talking...

Wait a sec... wait a sec. I smell a rat. Something funny is going on here!

I may just be a simple cowboy from Calgary, but I’m not stupid.

I finally figured out why the money is supposed to be sent to the UK. It’s because Clyde Lynch is your boyfriend, isn’t it!

Man oh man, here you were stringing me along with promises to send me pictures of yourself and getting to know me better. And all along you and Clyde were no doubt laughing behind my back.

I’m not surprised you’re divorced. You were probably messing about with Clyde while you were still married. Did your husband discover what you were up to? Shame on you! Have you no morals whatsoever?

If you can’t be honest with me Simone, then I don’t want your Fiero, no matter how good it looks.

-A very deflated Red Willey

So that's where we now stand. Stay tuned for further developments.

Matt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2009 at 11:55am
LOL!!!!!!!
I wanna go fast.
Roadfury View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Roadfury Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2009 at 1:59pm
has anyone forwarded this to the actual owner of the vehicle?
Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2009 at 3:05pm

No, but I've asked the Buy&Sell five times since last Friday to remove the bogus ad.

It's still there.

[EDIT] In the actual owner's eBay listing, he mentions he's aware of the fake/scam ads out there using pictures of his car.

Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2009 at 3:23pm
I ROFL'd at these.

Simone, I'm just a simple cowboy in Calgary, so I don't know how the business world operates.

I sold 1000 head of cattle on Saturday.

Could you possibly send me a picture of yourself? It would be much appreciated. I'll keep it in the Fiero as sort of a momento of our transaction. Thanks.

send me a cute picture of yourself and I'll send along an extra hundred dollars! Come on, make big ol' Red Willey happy.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic