West Coast Fieros Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » General Car Chat (Not Fiero Specific) » Car Talk thats not a Fiero
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New Hwy Law - June 01st , 2009

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fiero Zen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Hwy Law - June 01st , 2009
    Posted: 19 July 2009 at 12:36am

Not sure if members are aware of this new law.

http://www2.news.gov.bc.ca/news_releases_2005-2009/2009PSSG0 041-000675.htm

Cheers - Nigel aka FieroZen

Yesterday is History
Tomorrow is a Mystery
But Today is a Gift
That is why it is called the Present
Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2009 at 1:38am

I figure the faster you drive by them, the less time and therefore the less chance you have of hitting 'em.

I kid, I kid...

Bobz0r View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bobz0r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2009 at 7:32am
I thought something like that would already have been in place.
Capt Fiero View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2009 at 10:09am

In Oregon that is the law, I guess I just assumed BC/Canada had the same law already.   I mean its just common sense, you see emergency vehicles on the side of the road, slow the F down.  

Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Eight Fifty Seven GT V8 5spd.
Romeo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Romeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2009 at 8:22pm
Yeah, pretty much Davie Boy. I did remember hearing about this on the news a little while back, and I was all for it. Everyone deserves a safe work environment.
Never shift into reverse without a back-up plan.
Bassman View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God
Sir Brian

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bassman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2009 at 12:23pm

It is fricken amazing who don't move...in Vancouver they are horrible, in the Valley people move...good, hope they nail a few peeps!

It's like my other pet peeve...HOV lanes and only 1 fricken driver!!!...DRIVES me nuts...just give me that job of HOV cop and I would pay my salary and profit with how many arsholes use it...and have no guilt either...give them a hefty fine they will listen!

Brian (Bassman)

86 GT Fastback 3.2L

2013 Mazda3 Sport GS SkyActive

[IMG]http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u243/Bassman68/BassmanSignature.png">
Capt Fiero View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2009 at 12:52pm

LOL, this thread could get interesting really quick.

1 in the HOV doesn't really piss me off near as much as,

NO FICKING TURN SIGNAL PEOPLE.   I don't care if you want to drive 5kph or 150kph on the, I usually drive with a bit of a lead foot, and my biggest worry is not, "can I handle the car"  its watching out for idiots that just kinda wander into my lane,  or they decide at the last min they need to be in the left turn lane, and practically take out my nose on the car in doing so. 

Its gotten to the point, and this is just me being an A$$ about it, if people are trying to merge onto the highway in front of me.  If you have your turn signal on, I'll gladly tap the brakes and even stick my hand out to wave you in front of me.   However if you are a DUMB (uck, and just expect the world to part in your honor, or have even worse waited until the last min to cut into traffic, and still don't use your signal, I will force ably block your A%% from getting in front of me.  I don't care what you are driving.

I do watch myself, and am constantly monitoring traffic well ahead of me.      I use to drive commercially (no tractors, just flat decks and cargo vans)  I would spent 8hrs per day on the road every day for nearly 4 years.   Only time I ever had an issue is when some teeny bopper girl on her cell phone rear ended me in her jeep. 

So I figure I am doing pretty good. 

BUT DAMN IT PLEASE USE YOUR SIGNALS, SO I KNOW WHERE TO GO WHEN I AM PASSING YOUR A$$.   

Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Eight Fifty Seven GT V8 5spd.
Fiero Zen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fiero Zen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2009 at 2:13pm

What actually is the fine for being a single occupant driver and caught in the HOV lane. My guess is its cheap, becuase so.....many people seem to ignore this rule. Or is this not in the testing when people come here to live from overseas?

It blows my mind. I used to commute into Vancouver from Maple Ridge with my partner everyday and used the HOV lane. If I had a dollar for how many times I witnessed a single drive in the HOV lane I could have retired.

I am still perplexed why so many people take the risk. Now when I see this occur I give out Bad KARMA tickets, let them pay for it in their next life somehow as well.

FieroZen

Yesterday is History
Tomorrow is a Mystery
But Today is a Gift
That is why it is called the Present
Bassman View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God
Sir Brian

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bassman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2009 at 2:52pm
Turn signal is my 2nd tick off:)...as Nigel said, you drive from Vancouver often enough, seeing those As$@&%les pass you does get to you...and there is NEVER a cop around or radar traps during those time:(
Brian (Bassman)

86 GT Fastback 3.2L

Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2009 at 3:01pm

Originally posted by Bassman Bassman wrote:

Turn signal is my 2nd tick off:)...as Nigel said, you drive from Vancouver often enough, seeing those As$@&%les pass you does get to you...and there is NEVER a cop around or radar traps during those time:(

So Brian, how'd you acquire the email address for those guys? 

(Click on your link.)

Bassman View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God
Sir Brian

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bassman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2009 at 3:45pm
Nothing for me...I see it turned into a hyperlink...lol
Brian (Bassman)

86 GT Fastback 3.2L

Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2009 at 6:01pm

Originally posted by Bassman Bassman wrote:

Nothing for me...I see it turned into a hyperlink...lol

When I click on it, Outlook Express opens up all ready to compose a new message, complete with the "address" you posted already in the apropriate  box.

Bassman View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God
Sir Brian

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bassman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2009 at 6:32pm
At home yes that does link to a email addy...lol
Brian (Bassman)

86 GT Fastback 3.2L

Romeo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Romeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2009 at 9:51pm
Originally posted by Capt Fiero Capt Fiero wrote:

LOL, this thread could get interesting really quick.

1 in the HOV doesn't really piss me off near as much as,

NO FICKING TURN SIGNAL PEOPLE.   I don't care if you want to drive 5kph or 150kph on the, I usually drive with a bit of a lead foot, and my biggest worry is not, "can I handle the car"  its watching out for idiots that just kinda wander into my lane,  or they decide at the last min they need to be in the left turn lane, and practically take out my nose on the car in doing so. 

Its gotten to the point, and this is just me being an A$$ about it, if people are trying to merge onto the highway in front of me.  If you have your turn signal on, I'll gladly tap the brakes and even stick my hand out to wave you in front of me.   However if you are a DUMB (uck, and just expect the world to part in your honor, or have even worse waited until the last min to cut into traffic, and still don't use your signal, I will force ably block your A%% from getting in front of me.  I don't care what you are driving.

I do watch myself, and am constantly monitoring traffic well ahead of me.      I use to drive commercially (no tractors, just flat decks and cargo vans)  I would spent 8hrs per day on the road every day for nearly 4 years.   Only time I ever had an issue is when some teeny bopper girl on her cell phone rear ended me in her jeep. 

So I figure I am doing pretty good. 

BUT DAMN IT PLEASE USE YOUR SIGNALS, SO I KNOW WHERE TO GO WHEN I AM PASSING YOUR A$$.   

True that Davie Boy. My buddy from class and I were driving home from school, and some elderly man started wandering into out lane. After we honked and he looked up and saw what he was doing, HE CONTINUED TO KEEP MOVING INTO OUR LANE. Eventually, poor Brian had to slam the brakes on. Then again, his Lancer was modified enough for him to pull back in front of the terrible driver and run. lol
Never shift into reverse without a back-up plan.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic