West Coast Fieros Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Off Topic » Got something you want to talk about.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What do you do for a living,

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What do you do for a living,
    Posted: 04 June 2009 at 3:30pm

Its fairly often that we as members need to go out and get services or products.   Sometimes its great to be able to do labor trades, or even just ask someone that you know, to point you to a good or bad shop.

So post up what you do for a living or industry you are in.  

As for me, most of my real income is going out, taking pics of large equipment, then going home, arranging them into a website for sale then posting them / advertising them to whatever market best suits them.    Also do network support and general geek stuff.  Even do the odd Fiero repair when someone needs something that Joe Hotrod can't do, but in fairness, I really don't even like to do Fiero work as a business.  I don't like it when my play stuff, becomes work stuff.  Which is why I only take on the very odd job here and there.

I am actually considering looking into a "Short Haul" driver job.  Something like driving a 5 ton truck from Vancouver to Kelowna and back each day. 

Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Eight Fifty Seven GT V8 5spd.
Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2009 at 4:42pm

I'd tell you, but then I'd have to kill you.

Dr.Fiero View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dr.Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2009 at 5:04pm
I fix Fieros.  Sometimes.  

Day job, or 'work work' as I call it is doing maintenance on medium to large (15-2000KW) gas and diesel powered generators.

Romeo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Romeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 June 2009 at 9:50pm

I'm a student (See: Money leech) going for auto mechanics, although I also did stints as a bodywork mechanic, drywaller and cashier. So if your walls break or you need someone to count change, who you gonna call?

GHOSTBUSTERS.

Never shift into reverse without a back-up plan.
Dubngal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dubngal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2009 at 4:20pm
i work as the bc sales person for a raw dog food manufactor/distributor
being it's a small company I get to work in the office, sales calls, and the warehouse.
burnt rubber is an aphrodisiac.
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2009 at 6:05pm
currently a student, my income is from buying and selling high end mountain bikes and cars, (more like 1 car) huge profits can be made...

but now im really looking for a real job...
Romeo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Romeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2009 at 10:00pm
Hell yeah. We students need to stick together! What are you taking?
fierowned View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote fierowned Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2009 at 6:01am
Commercial transport technician for a local bus company.  I love having access to the shop to work on my vehicles .
Bobz0r View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bobz0r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2009 at 7:44pm
Warehouse supervisor for a local hot tub manufacturing plant.
madsod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote madsod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 June 2009 at 9:28pm
Chip & Dale Dancer, really nothing to do with Fieros 
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2009 at 8:50am
Originally posted by Romeo Romeo wrote:

Hell yeah. We students need to stick together! What are you taking?

im just in high school man...
85SEnochie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote 85SEnochie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2009 at 10:53am

I have been a L.M.P. for four years now.  Love helping people live pain free, I do therapeutic Massage not the fluff and buff.  Love what you do! Do what you Love!

beken View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote beken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2009 at 11:07am
Nothing in particular.

Technical title would be Business Systems Process Analyst.
Office title is Billing Services team lead -  Kodak Graphic Communications (at least for today, it is).

Beken (aka Ken) - bekentech@westcoastfieros.com   Original and still the owner of an 85SE 2M6 4spd
Fiero Zen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fiero Zen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2009 at 5:16pm

My current title is: Special Projects Advisor - Technology.

My project for the last year has been to source, and create suitable, profitable e-learning deliverables for the company.

Been with ISSofBC for 11 years. Our company was voted as one of the top 75 companies to work for in Canada, as voted by the 300+ staff.

I have to say, they have been good to me. As from July, I return to my old department and take over the joint running, till something else comes up.

Yesterday is History
Tomorrow is a Mystery
But Today is a Gift
That is why it is called the Present
Fiero Zen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fiero Zen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2009 at 5:18pm

Hey.....85SEnochie

When can I sign up........I need some of the knots removed from my shoulders.

FieroZen

Yesterday is History
Tomorrow is a Mystery
But Today is a Gift
That is why it is called the Present
Shakey Dave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Shakey Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2009 at 5:28pm

I am a retired IT Marketing Manager for Telus and I now run a one man company called 'Electric Dreams" in my spare time.

I sometimes produce Photo and/or Video DVD Storylines about the lives of children. Usually the kids have grown up and the parents want a keepsake to show at a party etc

I guarantee the privacy of my clients and I am very selective about the projects that I will accept. 

"Shakey" Dave Hathaway
www3.telus.net/myhistory
85SEnochie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote 85SEnochie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2009 at 6:58pm
Originally posted by Fiero Zen Fiero Zen wrote:

Hey.....85SEnochie

When can I sign up........I need some of the knots removed from my shoulders.

FieroZen

Are you going to the fiero show in Richland wa in August .  Riverside Therapeutic Massage is were I work.  Come on in I will get the elbow out  and tell you to do door way streches three times a day every day so you will feel like a 

Romeo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Romeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2009 at 11:24am
Originally posted by fierowned fierowned wrote:

Commercial transport technician for a local bus company.  I love having access to the shop to work on my vehicles .

It's definitely pretty sweet having access to every tool imaginable, especially when you need in for that one time.
kawana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote kawana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2009 at 8:25pm
I work at Lordco, delivering parts.. The pay sucks, but for the ammount of work i actually do, its worth it :D  Plus i get insane discounts on parts, which is always a plus :)
Romeo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Romeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2009 at 9:39pm

Killar. =P

Dave sounded surprised when I brought it up, so I'll mention it here: I know how to do some basic MIG welding, so if you need something patched up, just let me know. However, I'm no professional, so don't ask for a six-point roll cage to be welded in. lol

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic