West Coast Fieros Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Technical Topics Forum » Build Threads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

RAM-BUNK-SHUSH... wide body

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 37>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Quote exoticse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2007 at 10:28pm

Is it april yet ??

FierociousGT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote FierociousGT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2007 at 10:15am
Bump.... John you have a PM.
Car-2-Lo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Car-2-Lo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2007 at 6:22pm
There has been interest on the specs of the offset of the wheels and the size of the adapters.

The offset of the Axis wheels 20 X 10.5 inches is +35 and that was for a Nissan 350Z 5x114.3mm.

Adapter is 5x100 to 5x114.3 and the thickness I have ordered was 1.50"   

DaCoupe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote DaCoupe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2008 at 9:24am

Hey that guy work's for my company!  Good to see another Pro Body Employee is helping out. Where province was the work done in?

Built not Bought!!!!
Car-2-Lo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Car-2-Lo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2008 at 6:32pm
It's a small world...
Leighton works for Pro Body Parts in Winnipeg Manitoba Canada. That's where my brother Dario and I did
the chop top.
Leighton is known quite well to the auto industry there and everyone asks for him when they want their
work done and he is great to work with.   

ADDED FEATURE...
A little info on my smarter brother Dario. He's 75, still very young, and active. He plans to race again this
year at Gimli Motor Sport Park, road course, 1.3 miles and his time is 1.5 minutes. That is one of his
hobbies. He has built this race car, CRX with a 1.6 (170 hp), the Japanese version of the Acura engine,
plus the ACURA disc brakes all around.

I hope I have said this right....

He builds roll bars for most of the racers there.

This is the kitcar that we built in '80-'85

Blair View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Blair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2008 at 5:49am
bump?
exoticse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote exoticse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2008 at 9:39pm

Car-2-lo ,

Just so you know,...your car's outcome is fueling my own v-8 archie choptop project ! 

Matt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2008 at 9:13pm
Car-2-Low, I was in the Gold 2M4 you passed on Valentines day just before exit 264. As you passed my girlfriend was remarking as to how much drool was literally coming out of my mouth. Which was followed by, "Matt, watch the road!"

Nice car! Just as nice or nicer in person than in the pictures.
Car-2-Lo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Car-2-Lo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2008 at 8:46am
Hey Matt, it was great seeing and meeting you three, I was also drooling over your ride,
it looked very nice, clean and in perfect shape.
Hope to see you three soon (come out to next club meeting, everybody is super friendly).

Johnny-B-Good

TairrieB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote TairrieB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 February 2008 at 8:41pm
wow. how much doese a chop top cost?
Matt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2008 at 1:15am
*chuckles*
Car-2-Lo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Car-2-Lo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2008 at 3:34pm

Choptop cost (roughly)...

Holiday trip to Winnipeg, visit my brother, NO CHARGE for his TIME "well, he's my brother"
(he was happy for my visit and we had fun working together again).

Windshield..... $240
Side windows. $130 (4X4 plastic sheet $50/ form windows $40 each )
rear window..... $80
Total cost........$450

Didn't have to change, but did anyway....
inter/outer dews wipes, felt window guides

Johnny-B-Good

Capt Fiero View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2008 at 8:34pm
I had no idea the parts cost was so little.   However the craftsman-ship that went into the conversion and time that was spent on it, would have added up rather quickly if someone else was doing it.  How much does Archie charge for a completed chop top? 
Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Eight Fifty Seven GT V8 5spd.
Car-2-Lo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Car-2-Lo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2008 at 8:31am
Yeah, not to much on parts, it's all TIME spent, but it was fun !

If you don't know how and no time, V8 Archie can do the chop top for you at $4495.00.

ADDED NOTE: Clynt's chopper cost was only $480.00, (from what I know of) ?
He also did all the work himself too and the first chopper here at WCF Club,
rear window glass $80 and real side glass $400 (I'm very jealous about that) !

Johnny-B-Good

TairrieB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote TairrieB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 February 2008 at 3:51pm
lol sweet my car is from winnipeg .....hmm i really want one im thinking of doing it this summer
TairrieB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote TairrieB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2008 at 2:18pm
i want my insides to look like that question the red materials on the door pannels what is it?
Car-2-Lo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Car-2-Lo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 February 2008 at 2:59pm
Okay, I'm back...

The material on door panels are red vinyl paint, black vinyl paint and black carpet.
At the time I did the interior in '02, Canadian Tire and Lordco didn't have the bright red vinyl paint.
Found it at "Concept Finishes" here in Vancouver, bright red is "SEM Colorcoat" flame red ($10).
(The vinyl paint still looks like new on doors and dashboard )!!!!!

Edited by Car-2-Lo
Johnny-B-Good

exoticse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote exoticse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2008 at 9:23pm

Originally posted by Car-2-Lo Car-2-Lo wrote:

TO BE CONTINUED...
(sometime in April/08)
Happy Holidays : )

It's almost APRIIIIIIL !!  :)

P.S. Any more driving experiences ?

Edited by exoticse
Car-2-Lo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Car-2-Lo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2008 at 7:54pm
It's almost April BUT...

This evening it snowed about 1-1/2" here in Vancouver and this what it looks like on my deck.
The rear bumper that you don't see to well is for a Celica (F430 style) from Mr.Bodykits $225.00.
I had it since last fall but no time to install (had to much fun driving the chopper around)!
When it's a lot warmer out, I'll chop, cut, widen the rear bumper and make it fit.

Blair View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Blair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2008 at 7:32am

Looks really good. Can't wait to see it.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 37>
  Share Topic