West Coast Fieros Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » General Fiero Chat » Fiero Spotting
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedOrange Fiero with aero nose in Vancouver

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Orange Fiero with aero nose in Vancouver
    Posted: 05 May 2009 at 10:47pm

While driving in Vancouver around Boundary and Kingsway, I spotted an orange colored Fiero tucked away in someone's back yard. This Fiero is all orange - the body, the aero trim, the "belt line" down the sides. I couldn't tell the year or the exact model because of the way it's parked. It has an aero nose, but I could only see the car from the windshield forward. It looks like it's been sitting there awhile.

I don't exactly like the color, but you never know who might be willing to sell their Fiero (possibly a GT) for a good price if they no longer really want it.

Is anyone familiar with this Fiero, or perhaps knows who owns it? I'm hoping because of it's rather distinctive color that someone in the club might remember this Fiero and be familiar with some of its history.

kawana View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2009 at 11:49pm
idk, but tangerine orange is my FAVORITE color for a fiero!  If anyone can find out who the owner is, id like to know too...
Romeo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2009 at 3:03pm
Throw a pair of black stripes down on it, and it'd look like a Lotus race car. =P
Never shift into reverse without a back-up plan.
Austin View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2009 at 10:25am

I've seen that one.  It's on Joyce near Boundary right?  I remember it being on Buy&Sell a few years ago and then later relisted by possibly someone else after having some engine/transmission problems.  It's been sitting in that backyard since.  At least its partially covered.  It had pretty neat 2 tone Orange/Black paint job

1986 Fiero GT 3.4L V6 DIS, 5 spd, Full Polyurethane Suspension, Rear Coil-overs
Guests View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2009 at 6:25pm
Originally posted by Austin Austin wrote:

I've seen that one.  It's on Joyce near Boundary right?  I remember it being on Buy&Sell a few years ago and then later relisted by possibly someone else after having some engine/transmission problems.  It's been sitting in that backyard since.  At least its partially covered.  It had pretty neat 2 tone Orange/Black paint job

Hi all,

Just like to say this is my car and I've owned it for a few years now.  I did not park it due to any mechanical issues. .  Maybe you are confusing my car with another one. I have a few other cars at my disposal and I drive them now I also work out of province at which time all of my cars get parked.

I just recently posted it on craiglist as I am clearing out my spare cars and am downgrading to 1 vehicle.  Although I'm a die hard car fanatic I am a student and I don't need 3 cars in my name!!!!

I just sold one this past week. This is the next to go.

Patrick has contacted me and so has his friend Mathew.  My friends tell me I shouldn't sell it because it was my 1st car.  I really don't want to sell it but out of the 2 vehicles I drove a year, the maintence adds up.
My other car has AWD and is great in snow so the more practical one wins.

PS: Austin, do you work out at bonsor or renfrew?  That car looks familiar,  also I think I've seen it go down Joyce before in the morning time from kingsway a while back.

DPatron View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2009 at 9:53pm
austin nice silver hatch,makes me miss mine ..
beken View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2009 at 9:45am
You can do what I've done.   I put synthetic oil in the engine, covered it and bought storage insurance. Storage insurance is $80 a year. Maybe that's quite a bit for a student. Then when I have time, and can prioritize my budget, I can get on with fixing er up.

My car will qualify for collector plates in a few months so I need to aircare it and take the requisite 20 pictures. Storage insurance is a fairly inexpensive way of keeping a car you don't drive very often.

Beken (aka Ken) - bekentech@westcoastfieros.com   Original and still the owner of an 85SE 2M6 4spd
Guests View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2009 at 8:10pm
Originally posted by beken beken wrote:

You can do what I've done.   I put synthetic oil in the engine, covered it and bought storage insurance. Storage insurance is $80 a year. Maybe that's quite a bit for a student. Then when I have time, and can prioritize my budget, I can get on with fixing er up.

My car will qualify for collector plates in a few months so I need to aircare it and take the requisite 20 pictures. Storage insurance is a fairly inexpensive way of keeping a car you don't drive very often.

Hi there,

I always put synthetic oils in my cars.  As for storage insurance I still can not park it on the street.  I would still need a place to park it.

I just received a LR4 from a drivetrain complete GMC Savana.  The thing has less than 15k on it.  I will be parting that out.  I wish I had the time to just drop every think and put that 300 hp V8 in there.  But I only have 3 terms left at ubc so that's my current priority.

Guests View Drop Down
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2009 at 5:37pm
Thanks for all of the interest!!!!

The car is now sold!!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic