West Coast Fieros Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » General Fiero Chat » Members Rides
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

My 1986 Fiero GT

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My 1986 Fiero GT
    Posted: 25 February 2009 at 8:50pm

Just thought id put up sum pics of my Fiero. Ive had it for just over 2 years now. Mods: New clutch, paintjob, sail panels, master,slave, custom tail-lights.etc...Its a V6 2.8 5spd.:), trying to go for that ferrari look. Next step is to lower it, followed by a new exhaust(BORLA) and most likely get that F355 Front nose.cheers

!

Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2009 at 9:44pm

Nice car, terrible camera!

Let's see some good shots.

Keeping in mind that 86's had 4-speed manuals from the factory, did your '86 already have the 5-speed in it when you bought it?

Matt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Matt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2009 at 10:59pm
Hmm that's wierd. Out of the 7 or so 86GT's that I've ever had a chance to personally walk up to and talk to the owner, 60% had 5 speeds. 
I wanna go fast.
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2009 at 1:44am
yea it came with a 5 speed when i bought it.
Dr.Fiero View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dr.Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2009 at 9:28am
Late late production 86's got some 5spds.

If you look at the wiring harness on an earlier production (4spd) one, you can see the getrag's reverse light wiring tucked away in a bundle.

Capt Fiero View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2009 at 10:09am
My 86SE that I parted, had the plug for the Trans Mounted backup switch and thats how I got a backup switch in my 85GT with the Isuzu trans axles.  The Dr. is right though, only a few select late 86 cars got the Getrag 5spd.  However you all have to take into consideration, an 86GT could have came off the assembly line in oh late 85, which makes it 24 years old.   Try to think everything you have done in the last 24 years of your life, do you think that someone might have changed it, no one knows what could have been done to a car.  I am not the only guy in the club that owns a Fiero that is built from the best of several years cobbled into one car. 
Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Eight Fifty Seven GT V8 5spd.
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2009 at 12:17am
hers a pic i took today.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic