West Coast Fieros Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » General Fiero Chat » General Talk about Fieros
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Any Demand for Getrags?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Quote bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Any Demand for Getrags?
    Posted: 25 August 2014 at 8:12am
Doing a periodic garage sort and found some Fiero parts I don't need as I sold the 88. Thought I'd put them up for sale at some point. A good crankshaft (probably limited demand as they don't seem to go wrong too often) and a good Getrag - when I did a complete build for turbo use, I just bought a complete 87 power unit and rebuilt what I needed and the Getrag was spare. Demand? Price?

I'll dig around and if I find anything neat I'll stick it on here first.

Trying to reduce the fleet - old Jensen went to mass., Lambo looks to be heading back top Europe. With the Fiero that makes 3 cars in a year.
1988 3.2 turbo Fiero

1957 3.4 in Jamaican MG

2009 2.0 Pontiac GXP coupe
Capt Fiero View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Founding Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Capt Fiero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2014 at 2:14pm
The Getrags usually 100-200 depending on how quick you want to sell them.   Cranks you are right, they don't sell that often as when a 2.8 blows up people rarely use a 2.8 engine as a replacement, I think even you when to a 3.2 V6 when you built your motor.   

Sad to hear you getting rid of all the cool cars though. I guess times move on.
Capt Fiero
88 Fiero GT 5spd V6
Eight Fifty Seven GT V8 5spd.
bill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 August 2014 at 5:48pm

I won't exactly be short on cars. If the Lambo goes I'll still have 7 drivable cars!

I was just finding that I didn't have time to maintain them all myself.

1988 3.2 turbo Fiero

1957 3.4 in Jamaican MG

2009 2.0 Pontiac GXP coupe
Morgan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Morgan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2014 at 7:28pm
Was just wondering if u still have the getrag? Was needing clutch fork
and clutch arm. I have a 86 gt.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic