West Coast Fieros Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Events Section » Meetings, and Events Info
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Next event is Arlington drive 2014

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author

Post Options Post Options   Quote redwilley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2014 at 10:41pm
Alive, well and made it home.
Great route down. LOT'S OF FUN.
STILL SHAKING FROM ALL THE CORNERS.
Will have to practise with cornering on curves
over the next yr.
Passed Charles and friend on i5 on way home.
North of Mt. Vernon a burgundy gt came on freeway.
Waved to guy.   He followed til I turned off at
Bellingham. Not a West Coast Fiero nor did I see him at Arlington.
Great day guys !!!
Redwilley
redwilley
Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2014 at 12:56pm

Originally posted by Fieroman88 Fieroman88 wrote:

Many thanks to a great team effort by all.

Glenn, make sure you pass on our thanks to the rest of the Atchison clan. Good food supplied by the missus, and I admired the fact that your daughter was trying to put one of the big fold-up tents back into it's case at the end of the day all by herself.  (And thanks again for the use of the sunroof panel for a couple of weeks.)

Originally posted by redwilley redwilley wrote:

Passed Charles and friend on i5 on way home.

Why am I not surprised? I had trouble trying to shake you on the twisties.

Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2014 at 2:18pm

Okay... while this is all still fresh in my mind, I wanted to make a couple of observations/suggestions for next year's run down to Arlington.

A few things that I believe we can improve on...

I feel the Pacific Hwy border crossing has become far too busy for us to bother using, even very early in the morning. Since we need to head further east anyway, I sugggest we cross the border at Sumas. It is a much quieter crossing.

I'd like to see two gathering/meeting points. The first one would be at the Tim Horton's at 8590 200 St in Langley. People from Vancouver (me!) can get there in under 25 minutes. We then head east as a group on HWY #1 to the second Tim Horton's just before the border crossing at 1255 Sumas Way in Abbotsford. There we meet up with people from that neck of the woods (Colby, maybe even Gary in his 914/6) who have gathered to join us. The first group would just pull into the parking lot, yell at the second group to finish their coffee and donuts, and off we'd go!

Now that we're already further east, we wouldn't need to be slowed down by going through any part of Bellingham. In regards to meeting up with people such as Charles and Art, we can decide before next year where a good spot might be, perhaps somewhere around location C on the map below.

A link to the entire route on Google Maps can be found HERE.

So there we go, a head start on next year's route. It's got even more twisties. I think it would be a fun drive.

Edited by Patrick
Fieroman88 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Executive Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Fieroman88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2014 at 8:11pm
Sounds like a fantastic idea. Many thanks to you and Colby
for leading us there.
Fieroman88
Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2014 at 10:05pm

While Colby and I were driving back from Arlington, we had all kinds of time to talk. I discovered there was something that Colby, age 22, had never experienced before. I knew of a location in Bellingham where Colby could check it out for the first time.

So yessir, I took Colby all a shaking and a trembling to his first Harbor Freight Tools. He was like a kid in a candy store! Among other treasures, he bought a 1/2" drive torque wrench for $9.99... such a deal! No holding the boy back now.

Colby's a great kid. Definitely a chip off the old block.

beken View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote beken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2014 at 1:12pm
Shoulda asked you to bring back a pancake air compressor
for me.

Beken (aka Ken) - bekentech@westcoastfieros.com   Original and still the owner of an 85SE 2M6 4spd
beken View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote beken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2014 at 1:17pm
The morning meet up.

Beken (aka Ken) - bekentech@westcoastfieros.com   Original and still the owner of an 85SE 2M6 4spd
Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2014 at 3:14pm

Ken, any chance you can send me the original version of the second image (email address in profile) so that I can tweak it a bit and repost it? Thanks.

beken View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote beken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2014 at 9:18am
Originally posted by Patrick Patrick wrote:

Ken, any chance you can send me the
original version of the second image (email address in
profile) so that I can tweak it a bit and repost it?
Thanks.

It's here....
https://www.flickr.com/photos/beken/14209184868/

Edited by beken

Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 June 2014 at 10:10am

Ken, those images at flickr are all heavily compressed. Even the largest available image ("Original" 1280x851) is only 144 KB. Do you have a higher resolution version you could share?

beken View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote beken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2014 at 6:03pm
Originally posted by Patrick Patrick wrote:

Ken, those images at flickr are all heavily compressed. Even the largest available image ("Original" 1280x851) is only 144 KB. Do you have a higher resolution version you could share?

I have the originals. If you want them, I can send them to you individually. You'll have to tell me which ones you want.

If you want them for publishing, I will have to claim copyrights for them.

Sorry.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic