West Coast Fieros Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » General Fiero Chat » General Talk about Fieros
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Photo chop shop is open

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2930313233 34>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2010 at 2:02am

Romeo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Romeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2010 at 6:22am
You know... I actually like it. I would drive the hell out it. It looks practical. A two seater station wagon.
Never shift into reverse without a back-up plan.
85SEnochie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote 85SEnochie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2010 at 8:33am

Originally posted by Dawg Dawg wrote:

Hmmmm.....how about a smooth radius or transition at the bottom of the notch.  And I think it needs a GT wing.

I like it without the bumper, but how about a little bump there.  Just enough to show the end of the tail lights.

Looks different.

The Dawg

OK I know that the bumper is not right wil fix it if you want me to.

But check these out

Had to chop it

Post Options Post Options   Quote 85SEnochie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2010 at 8:35am
Originally posted by Patrick Patrick wrote:

DUDE! That is sweet it looks like you are having fun with photo shop  

Dawg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2010 at 9:53am
I think I like it.  The wing adds the right stuff.  Balances everything out. 

I've always thought the Fastbacks should be wingless and all Notchies should have them.  Or at the very least, much smaller wings on Fastbacks.

Oh, one more thing.  Can you make the wing the body color so it stands out a little more?  Then I think we have it.

The Dawg
You dream it up....I'll make it

Post Options Post Options   Quote 85SEnochie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2010 at 10:14am

Originally posted by Dawg Dawg wrote:

I think I like it.  The wing adds the right stuff.  Balances everything out. 

I've always thought the Fastbacks should be wingless and all Notchies should have them.  Or at the very least, much smaller wings on Fastbacks.

Oh, one more thing.  Can you make the wing the body color so it stands out a little more?  Then I think we have it.

The Dawg

Here you go did not know if you wanted chop or not so I did both hope you enjoy it was fun

kharmata View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote kharmata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2010 at 12:06pm
I like the looks of the straight cut knotch with the
'black' wing.
Puts the 'emphasiss' on knotch for sure and makes the car
look nice and low and long! Tristan won't
like it though.
Romeo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Romeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2010 at 12:27pm
Originally posted by kharmata kharmata wrote:

I like the looks of the straight cut knotch with the
'black' wing.
Puts the 'emphasiss' on knotch for sure. Tristan won't
like it though.

Definitely. He's far too classy for that. ZING!
Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2010 at 5:16pm

Originally posted by Romeo Romeo wrote:

You know... I actually like it. I would drive the hell out it. It looks practical. A two seater station wagon.

That's what we need, a Fiero Nomad.

Gawd I love these...

A slightly... ummm, different perspective...

And a newer approach...

Chevy Nomad concept recalls 1954 Nomad

Detroit, Michigan - With styling that harks back to the distinctive two-door 1954 Chevrolet Nomad, a 21st century Nomad concept was unveiled in Detroit today. Based on GM's new rear-wheel-drive Kappa platform, which also serves as the foundation for the Pontiac Solstice production model and Saturn Curve concept, the Nomad concept features a 250 horsepower turbocharged 2.2 litre Ecotec four cylinder engine with variable valve timing, independent front and rear suspensions, four passenger capability, a removeable rear roof panel, and a unique tailgate that includes a sliding tray that makes it easier to load cargo items.

Chevrolet Nomad concept

Chevrolet Nomad concept

Chevrolet Nomad concept

Chevrolet Nomad concept
Click image to enlarge

Designed at GM's design centre in Great Britain and assembled with the help of renowned Italian coachbuilder Pininfarina, the Nomad concept features round headlamps mounted on gently curving fenders, a retro Corvette grille, a thick forward-sloping B-pillar and a blacked-out C-pillar, a lowered roofline which wraps around the rear of the vehicle, and seven vertical chrome strips on the tailgate.

"There is a simple, yet very expressive design to the Nomad," said Dale Brewer, lead exterior designer. "The face of the vehicle, along with the lights, the shape of the grille and the tailgate have Chevrolet heritage, but conveyed in a thoroughly modern way."

The interior's retro look includes a large, fan-shaped central gauge cluster with a 3-D look, an aluminum background and special instrument lighting. In front of the gauges is a large, classic-looking steering wheel that is covered in leather. The black leather-trimmed interior features blue Nubuck inserts, anodized blue aluminum gauges and blue lighting. Chevrolet "bowtie" insignias accent a metal band that runs the length of the dashboard - a styling cue on Chevrolet models of the 1950s that contributes to the interior's geometric theme.

For cargo-carrying convenience, flexible rear seating arrangements include a centre armrest that folds to store long items, such as skis, while each rear seatback folds to increase the Nomad's overall cargo space.

"The idea for a compact vehicle like this is more relevant now than ever," said Jose Gonzalez, lead interior designer. "As much as people crave a sporty, great looking vehicle, modern lifestyle interests demand functionality. The Nomad has both - an unmistakable character, like the SSR, and the utility of the upcoming HHR. Whether or not they can convey it in words, it's what everybody is looking for in a new vehicle."

Romeo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Romeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2010 at 7:33pm
Oh, hell to the yes. I remember the old Nomad's, they're awesome! I gotta say, although it's a big station wagon, the Magnum is pretty bad-ass these days too.

Post Options Post Options   Quote 85SEnochie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2010 at 7:58am
Dang I have so many quick wit inapropriate things to say about that     "slightly ummm, differant perspective"     I wil give her my thumb way up, I MEAN! a thumbs up.   Nomads are sweet!

Post Options Post Options   Quote 85SEnochie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2010 at 8:58am

The Nomad Fiero would be Cooooool!

On a side note would it not be sweet to have pontiac wheels in a 20"

Post Options Post Options   Quote 85SEnochie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2010 at 11:20am

Had to post stock notchie stock wheel in a 20" !!! Wonder how many thousands of dollars that would cost?

Romeo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Romeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2010 at 12:02pm
Originally posted by 85SEnochie 85SEnochie wrote:

This is by and wide the best photoshop you've ever done. As for custom rims, I'm sure they'd be expensive (There are companies you can talk to for it, such as Billet Specialties), but 20"s in genereal arn't too outlandishly priced, I've actually had my eye on 20" TSW's for a while now.

Post Options Post Options   Quote 85SEnochie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2010 at 1:25pm

This is by and wide the best photoshop you've ever done. As for custom rims, I'm sure they'd be expensive (There are companies you can talk to for it, such as Billet Specialties), but 20"s in genereal arn't too outlandishly priced, I've actually had my eye on 20" TSW's for a while now.

Thanks that is what I thought too when I was done all I could think was, HELL YAH!

Romeo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Romeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2010 at 3:23pm
Yeah, like I said, it looks phenominal. I still don't have that Fiero concept loaded up yet, sorry. I'll try and get it done by this weekend, alrighty?
Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2010 at 10:50pm

... when I was done all I could think was, HELL YAH!

That looks great , but there's always room for improvement.  

Can you move the side pillar back to where it would actually be (the front of the pillar in line with the back edge of the door)?

And perhaps remove the side scoop, gas cap and antenna which are all on the wrong sides.

Yeah, I'm picky.

Romeo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Romeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2010 at 11:45pm
  • Gas tank was revised into a fuel cell which can be filled from either side.
  • Has a dual intake, like what I actually want on my car.
  • I like where the window meets the door. Leaves a little lip, sure, but it's no worse than that damned "shark fin" the Fieros have the the windows all the way down.
  • As for the antenna: It's there. Just 'cause.
Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2010 at 12:12am

I like where the window meets the door. Leaves a little lip, sure, but it's no worse than that damned "shark fin" the Fieros have the the windows all the way down.

Perhaps I'm too practical for my own good, but a Fiero Nomad would not be built with that pillar where it is now. Wouldn't work. Needs to be pushed back where it belongs.

Post Options Post Options   Quote 85SEnochie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2010 at 9:08am
Originally posted by Patrick Patrick wrote:

I like where the window meets the door. Leaves a little lip, sure, but it's no worse than that damned "shark fin" the Fieros have the the windows all the way down.

Perhaps I'm too practical for my own good, but a Fiero Nomad would not be built with that pillar where it is now. Wouldn't work. Needs to be pushed back where it belongs.

Yah I sappose it was left hand drive too  how is this one better?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2930313233 34>
  Share Topic