Forum Home Forum Home » Events Section » Performance Driving
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Corvette Club AutoX -Saturday, June 15th

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Senior Post God
Senior Post God
Sir Brian

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bassman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2013 at 10:36pm
Originally posted by karnak karnak wrote:

ya, Bri.. you would have love it today.. your awesome car needs to stretch its legs.. soon..

New manifolds arrive next week, then get a few tweaks and tread, I'll be out for a visit if work doesn't get I the way
Brian (Bassman)

86 GT Fastback 3.2L

2013 Mazda3 Sport GS SkyActive

[IMG]http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u243/Bassman68/BassmanSignature.png">
Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2013 at 10:41pm

Patrick..  a close-up helmet, bobbing into the foreground woud have been fun.. lean more when you turn.. it is easy to do..

Gary, with where my camera was mounted, to get the effect you're requesting I would've had to have been sitting on the hood!

beken View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote beken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2013 at 12:03am
Nice smooth run, Patrick.   

Beken (aka Ken) - bekentech@westcoastfieros.com   Original and still the owner of an 85SE 2M6 4spd
Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2013 at 12:14am

Originally posted by beken beken wrote:

Nice smooth run, Patrick.

Thanks Ken. I didn't post the run where I mowed over four cones and then said some bad words.

Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2013 at 12:40am

I made a contraption that allowed me to stand upright while holding the camera about a foot off the ground. The idea was to enhance the 3D effect by having cones in close proximity in the foreground while various cars whizzed by on the track.

Presenting... Mostly Gary

Yeah, you've got to be a car nut to appreciate the video.

Bassman View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God
Sir Brian

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bassman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2013 at 7:53am
Need the glasses also for the 3D:)
Brian (Bassman)

86 GT Fastback 3.2L

2013 Mazda3 Sport GS SkyActive

[IMG]http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u243/Bassman68/BassmanSignature.png">
AllanJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote AllanJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2013 at 9:00am

Patrick..  a close-up helmet, bobbing into
the foreground woud have been fun.. lean more when you
turn.. it is easy to do..

Gary, what are you going to do when I give you a pair of 6-
point harnesses this winter?
karnak View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote karnak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2013 at 10:31am
Patrick, Nice camera work.. the edit looks like i was just going round and round. 

While i viewed the runs, a breeze was drifting in an open door.. it was just like being there, minus the heat.

Al, i guess my bobbing head days are going to come to an end.. It will be an interesting transition..

Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2013 at 10:49pm

I wanted to post the official course map so that the in-car videos might make more sense.

beken View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote beken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2013 at 1:20pm
I am so glad my MINI came with 3D glasses

Beken (aka Ken) - bekentech@westcoastfieros.com   Original and still the owner of an 85SE 2M6 4spd
Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2013 at 3:21pm

Originally posted by beken beken wrote:

I am so glad my MINI came with 3D glasses  

I didn't buy a Mini, so I had to purchase my 3D glasses through eBay.  

However, just $4 for five pair of plastic-framed anaglyph (red-blue) 3D glasses direct from China to my doorstep... and that included shipping!

I gotta say though, I'm not all that impressed with anaglyph 3D video. The image/color quality of the video really takes a dive when viewed in this manner. For short videos, the "cross-eyed" technique with no glasses results in much better 3D video quality.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic