West Coast Fieros Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » General Car Chat (Not Fiero Specific) » Car Talk thats not a Fiero
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Smashed Ferrari on Boundary Road

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Smashed Ferrari on Boundary Road
    Posted: 25 October 2011 at 6:43pm

On my way home from my dad's today at about 4 pm, I came across (what used to be) a nice Ferrari T-boned on the passenger side door by a large pick-up truck at the corner of Boundary and Moscrop. I don't know the model of the Ferrari, but it was red.  

Looked to me like the damage was quite substantial. There were long skid marks left by the truck prior to impact.

EDIT: After looking online, I realize the car was a Testarossa (as pictured below). Hopefully it was "just" a kitcar and not a real Ferrari. (I couldn't tell from the few seconds I saw the car, but if it was a replica, it looked like a quality job.)

beken View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Quote beken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2011 at 9:37pm
Might be a real one. I've seen it cruising along Kingsway a few times. The Testerossa is one of my all time favourite Ferarris.

Beken (aka Ken) - bekentech@westcoastfieros.com   Original and still the owner of an 85SE 2M6 4spd
Romeo View Drop Down
Senior Post God
Senior Post God

Post Options Post Options   Quote Romeo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2011 at 3:11am
I'm with you Ken, the Testarossa is an amazing car. The driver of the pick-up should be tried for high treason against the automotive world.
Never shift into reverse without a back-up plan.
Patrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Patrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2011 at 3:52pm

Although the accident occurred over a month ago now, I just happened to come across This thread which is all about it at the REVscene forum. Rich Sandor (whom many of us know from autocross) posted quite a few times in the thread.

There are links to two pictures in the first post of the thread which I can't access because I'm not a forum member there. Could someone who's registered at the REVscene forum please copy and paste those images into this thread? I'd like to see them.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic